Associate Director of Community
100Kin10 unites 280 of the nation’s top academic institutions, nonprofits, foundations, companies, and government agencies to address the nation’s STEM teacher shortage. Together, we are tackling systemic challenges and getting 100,000 excellent STEM teachers into classrooms nationwide.
In our first five years, we secured commitments for 100,000 excellent STEM teachers by 2021 and built a highly engaged, collaborative network of partner organizations immersed in collective problem-solving and shared learning, and willing to be vulnerable and trusting with old and new allies alike.
People who thrive at 100Kin10 are team-oriented, open-minded, creative, and flexible, and possess a strong desire to learn and grow in a feedback-rich environment. Our culture embraces colleagues with genuine warmth, a curiosity to learn, a drive toward excellence, the ability to laugh at themselves, an eagerness for feedback to spur growth and impact, and an interest in co-workers as colleagues and as human beings.
About the Community Team
The ultimate goal of the Community Team at 100Kin10 is to move partners towards long-term collaborative projects that address the underlying systemic challenges to our nation’s STEM teacher shortage.
We do that by collecting data about our partners to understand their needs, motivations, behaviors, and goals. We use this data to segment our partners into sub-groups that are ripe for collaborative project work. Once segmented, we develop bespoke email and communications campaigns that are designed to pique their interest in short-term opportunities for light engagement (i.e. one-off virtual and in-person learning events) as well as inspire deeper commitments to long-term collaborative projects with their fellow partners (i.e. “Project Teams”).
We consider ourselves to be community organizers, who use a wide variety of skills to do our work well: service design, experience design, data management and analysis, marketing and communications, and program design & management.
About the Role
We are hiring an Associate Director of Community to work closely alongside our National Director of Community in organizing and engaging our network.
Bringing a combination of operations, project management, community building, and expertise in service design, you will help ensure that the Community Team successfully designs, develops, and delivers impactful experiences for our network of partners. You will help develop strategy for the team, oversee operations, and lead special projects as they emerge. You will act as a thought partner in developing strategy and supporting high-quality implementation across partner touchpoints. Holding a macro-level view of the network, you will translate a holistic perspective on partner experience into concrete strategies executed with excellence.
In this position, you will oversee strategy and implementation of projects that advance our overall partner engagement strategy. These projects will span four broad categories of work:
- Define, scope, and project plan emergent initiatives
- Conduct internal and external research as needed to guide direction
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights and design considerations
- Generate ideas and develop strategy in response to insights and design considerations
- Document thinking at every stage of strategy development and share with key stakeholders
- Own the development of strategies for new or emergent organizational goals
- Develop a robust content strategy that enriches partners’ experience of the network across the year
- Take ownership of our overarching partner calendar to ensure a seamless and cohesive partner experience over the year
- Translate strategies into tactics to be executed against
- Evolve, iterate, and revise tactics in response to feedback over time
- Build out and manage to implementation project plans, revising as necessary
- Source, hire, and manage external consultants as needed to assist with implementation
- Manage, update and own project plans & budgets, communicating deadlines and responsibilities to relevant team members to ensure timely completion
>> Evaluation, Insights & Strategy
- Collaborate on the development of indicators and metrics that help us assess our progress against goals
- Collaborate on the development of evaluation reports
- Make programmatic recommendations based on evaluation data and progress against goals
- Manage program debrief processes to ensure that all of our work is assessed against goals, and improved over time
- Surface insights from evaluation data for presentation to the management team and integration into overall Community Team strategy
>> Project Management & Budgeting
- Develop project management tools and manage systems that enable the Community Team to track and report on team progress against 2018 goals
- Manage the Community Team budget, tracking expenses and communicating priorities
>> Hiring & Team Management
- Source, hire, and manage consultants as needed to support Community Team projects
- Mentor, coach and guide members of the Community Team to ensure that tactical execution aligns with 100Kin10’s standards, vision, strategy, and goals
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional manager and executor, have a professional presence and manners, thrive in a dynamic workplace, have proven effective written and oral communication skills, possess excellent attention to detail and follow through, and be able to prioritize and deliver time-sensitive assignments to completion.
Specific qualifications include:
- You are a strategic thinker and an implementer, and you see them as two sides of the same coin of impact.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and know how to make decisions without perfect information. As part of that, you build in learning mechanisms to assess how those decisions played out and course-correct in real time.
- You lead with genuine connection and charisma; You understand what motivates people and find ways to create “win-win”s that position those closest to the work empowered to take it on.
- Minimum seven to nine years of experience
- Excellent communication skills required
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team in a fast-paced environment on deadline-driven projects
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong follow-through
- Excels at working collaboratively, e.g. via Google Docs, Slack, Zoom and other platforms
- Demonstrated project management skills preferred
- Self-directed and proactive in an environment with dynamic priorities; able to prioritize competing projects and multi-task, exercise independent judgment, and take initiative
- Be team-oriented, open-minded, creative, and flexible, and possess a strong desire to learn and grow in a feedback-rich environment
To apply, send us your resume and responses to the following questions:
- Why you are interested in 100Kin10
- Why you are passionate about this role specifically
Send to Colin Lieu, [email protected], with subject line “Associate Director – [First Name Last Name]”.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com