A San Francisco based position, based out of the club spaces in Pacific Heights and Jackson Square, and responsible for leading and executing all the strategic activities required to establish, build and manage vibrant and diverse co-working communities of established professionals at Canopy sites. Employing a combination of informed targeting, catchment area research, proactive sales outreach, industry engagement activity, incentives and deal packaging to achieve set targets for member growth and membership fee revenues. A role with a personal, boutique approach, focussing on identifying the individuals, start-ups, small companies and corporations that fit the Canopy community ethos, and utilising brand presentations, in-person meetings, on-site tours, tactical invitations and the highest levels of customer service to drive interest in joining. Closely monitoring new member applications and metrics, negotiating deals, securing commitments and signatures, preparing quarterly sales plans and providing detailed progress reports on prospects as required. Supporting the on site management of tenant and member on boarding, naturalisation and satisfaction through ongoing liaison.
- Through utilising an extensive personal and professional network of contacts in San Francisco’s creative, business, tech, start-up and entrepreneurial business sectors, generate awareness about Canopy, and interest in the co-working membership facilities it provides.
- Working with the Canopy senior management team, contribute to the creation of a detailed membership revenue budget for Canopy, taking in proposed target numbers of new joiners across different membership categories (and resulting revenue income streams). Take ownership of this budget, and for achieving the top line revenues.
- Informed by the Canopy strategic approach to sales, assemble plans to proactively identify, seek out and engage the individuals and organisations in these target sectors.
- Remain closely aligned with the overarching marketing and PR plan, being prepared for major pushes to databases, placed coverage in the media and social pushes. Attend all promotional events to network and act as an ambassador for Canopy.
- Conduct in-depth research into, firstly, the immediate catchment neighbourhoods around the club in Jackson Square (the ½ mile radius around the building), and secondly, the wider area to identify high value, potential prospects – companies, agencies, start-ups and so on.
- Monitor trade press, blogs, mailing lists, Linked In and other sources to ascertain when companies are moving to the San Francisco area, expanding their office space, and looking for rental opportunities, in order to make approaches about Canopy.
- Through mutual contacts and network connections, arrange meetings to pitch and sell in the Canopy experience in full – co-working desks, support services, meeting spaces, programming, networking and the wider Canopy ecosystem.
- Establish the co-working and office space needs of companies, assembling competitive, working with management to assemble deals to address their unique requirements but delivering the maximum revenue possible. Remain a key point of contact for companies that purchase dedicated office space or a larger number of members.
- Contribute to the process of attempting to secure high value ‘anchor’ tenants – aspirational and defining brands that would afford Canopy a great deal of credibility and buzz were they to elect to join Jackson Square early. Help identify these targets are assist with outreach.
- Understand the Canopy membership options for the different membership tiers (and their respective advantages and incentives), including those for Founder Members, in order to be able to offer the most compelling offering for each prospective target member.
- Work with Canopy senior management and the operations team to organise sales events – dinners and cocktails with industry sectors and valuable target prospects.
- Invite target individuals and organisations into the club on a regular basis, organising weekly guest lists, show arounds and offering special invites to event programming.
- Make the most of the major creative industry calendar moments and take the opportunity to generate new sales prospects, and enable target companies to see the clubs.
- On a day to day basis, monitor all new membership enquiries and applications, making note of the sources and proposers. Assemble detailed reports on successful membership drives and the results of meetings, events and outreach.
- Take responsibility for managing and following up on any and all incoming enquiries about taking spaces and desks, ensuring response time is optimized, and prospective members are super served with information.
- Close deals, ensuring the necessary paperwork, contracts and deposits are secured, with members understanding the clarity on their commitments to Canopy around start dates, cancellation policies and so on.
- Supervise to ensure that members and companies are on boarded and naturalized into being Canopy members smoothly and efficiently, remaining in contact with new members in case of major problems or frustrations.
- Directly manage any assigned junior team members, setting objectives, monitoring performance and driving conversion and results.
- Ensure team members responsible for membership administration are handling data, processing applications and payments efficiently.
- Monitor competitor co-working clubs to ensure Canopy is competitive and offers market leading facilities and services.
PERSON PROFILE – A senior level sales executive with proven experience proactively selling high quality products and experiences, most probably in the hospitality, high end fashion or luxury sector(s). A charismatic, highly social, customer facing individual with an unrivalled set of personal contacts across the creative, arts, entertainment and luxury industries in San Francisco and beyond. Someone familiar with the business of sales – sales events, acquiring meetings, pitching, liaising and closing, as the day to day management of tools, budgets, plans, strategies and budgets. A passionate team player with excellent drive and attention to detail, polished presentation and a natural ability to foster and build relationships.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com