Website Christianson & Company Event Management Ltd.
Provide unique and engaging experiences around the globe
What We Offer:
Opportunity for job evolution and growth, open door policies, weekly social hours, collaboration area, bike parking, onsite gym, company softball team, challenging and dynamic work environment where we unapologetically demand excellence, and provide the opportunity for you to realize your full potential.
Our office is in the Marine Building in the downtown Vancouver area of Coal Harbour. With a bright and vibrant open office environment, passion is essential and creativity is inspired.
Who You Are:
· You are a motivated self-starter who always goes the extra mile to get the job done.
· You enjoy a challenge and being busy.
· You understand the value of in-person and online communities.
· You have a passion for connecting people and helping others, and take pride in your approach to customer service.
· You love spreadsheets, data and keeping documentation in order.
· You have proven experience in social media monitoring and engagement.
· You, problem-solve and take initiative.
· You are a solid communicator who thrives in a collaborative, open concept environment.
· You think on your feet. You thrive in an environment with competing priorities where you need to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
· You enjoy working with data and looking for trends and insights to help guide your work.
What you Offer:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, or a related field and a minimum of 2 years working with volunteers in a community setting.
· Experience working in grassroots events with volunteers and limited budgets.
· Experience working in a setting that allowed you to cultivate community and provide exceptional customer service.
· Solid administrative experience.
· A proven ability to cultivate and grow meaningful relationships in a professional setting.
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with experience drafting basic communications.
· A proven ability to contribute fresh, innovative ideas for supporting communications across social media channels.
· Fluency in other languages is considered an asset.
The Community Coordinator will act as an enthusiastic ambassador for C&C and our clients’ communities and events. This role is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with the community, providing exceptional support to volunteer organizers and contributing to the execution of strategic initiatives. A successful Community Coordinator will be able to assist in enhancing member experience, collecting feedback and effectively communicating with community members. This role is largely administrative and exceptional organizational skills are a must. This important role will report directly to the Community Manager, and will work with other cross-functional teams to insure a consistent, high quality experience for community members.
· Provide exceptional customer service as a first point of contact for volunteers from our client’s community.
· Provide administration support for community team.
· Maintain a positive dialogue with the community, including supporting communications about community experiences and sourcing feature stories.
· Monitor social media and respond/escalate community issues and concerns, in support of overall messaging.
· Assist in building an active network of ambassadors.
· Assist in the execution of a two-way strategic communication plan, and community programs, to encourage engagement, recognition, and retention.
· Assist in planning Community related aspects of our primary client’s annual conference.
· Work closely with the community team to manage member questions and relationships.
· Maintain historical data and provide analytics reporting and insights.
· This role has the potential for travel to represent C&C and clients in person at events (including international events).
To apply for this position please, submit your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] detailing why you think you are best suited for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org