Coursera is on a mission to bring world-class education to everyone, everywhere. In five years, we’ve brought over 2000 courses to over 27 million learners worldwide, and we’re just getting started.
The Community team supports Coursera’s mission by fostering learner-learner connections, enabling learners to support each other in their learning and in using their learning to transform their lives.
Coursera is looking for an experienced online community builder to help take our current community programs to the next level and expand the reach and impact of our community experience. You will be a natural leader and fantastic communicator who thrives on interaction with people. We are looking for a proven operator, with strong analytical, interpersonal, and creative instincts, and the ability to navigate the fast-paced ambiguity of a startup environment.
- Engage with the learner community to build strong relationships and maintain a healthy, vibrant and interactive forum space
- Foster connections between community members and encourage them to support and mentor one another
- Manage the operations and processes associated with the learner community and find ways to improve and streamline them
- Identify, test, and implement community strategies to grow or strengthen the community and increase learner engagement and retention
- Identify, track, and report key community activity, impact and health metrics. Use data to identify community trends and issues
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute and manage programs, resources, and outreach channels
- Communicate and prioritize community product needs to Product, Design, and Engineering teams
- 2+ years experience building and managing large, global online communities in a fast-growing technology or education company
- Passion for interacting with people and strong relationship building skills with community, customers, and partners
- Experience in forum moderation and organizing online events to drive community engagement
- Exceptional analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a cross-functional team leader
- Level-headed temperament; ability to make quick judgments and defend decisions
- Incredible perseverance and drive, manifested in a strong work ethic and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and to radiate positivity even while under pressure
- A passion for our mission, and achieving ambitious goals to bring high-quality educational experience to learners around the world
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org