Team Manager, Facebook Help & Engagement Communities
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With nearly two billion people using the service and more than 50 offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization.
Facebook is seeking a community-building expert with direct people-management experience to lead our Facebook Help Communities team and support strategy execution for our Dublin-based markets. This person should be excited about inspiring a team of community managers and passionate about supporting and engaging with the Facebook community. This is a full-time position based in our Dublin office.
– Drive own impact and career while enabling a high-performing team to deliver on operational goals by providing exceptional mentorship, guidance, and career development to team members
– Advance projects and strategies to ensure overall forum health, and that peoples’ questions and feedback receive high-quality, timely answers
– Help manage a program to help engage and highlight top community contributors
– Align with the Community Operations team and Global Help Community team to help manage and grow the Facebook Help Community across multiple markets
– Work closely with the Global Help Communities Manager in Menlo Park HQ to implement and drive strategies and process improvements
– Work with direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
– Leverage data to identify trends, provide actionable insights, and improve Facebook’s product and support experiences
– Support, educate and build relationships with the people who use Facebook
– Explain complicated product and policy concepts in simple, jargon-free language using Facebook’s voice
– Proven track record of organizational leadership with 2+ years of direct people management
– 4+ years of experience in community management, community operations, customer advocacy, customer support, marketing communications, or a related field
– Experience with and passion for building communities
– Excellent problem-solving skills, business judgment, strategic, and analytical capabilities. Strong judgment in navigating and resolving sensitive situations
– Deep understanding of Facebook with a passion for improving people’s experience on the site
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Experience presenting to audiences of all sizes
– Comfortable acting in the public sphere and cultivating community relationships
– Experience defining and tracking metrics and reporting on the effectiveness of your team’s contributions to the community
– Written and conversational fluency in a second language is highly desirable