Vision and Values:
Galvanize campuses are not simply places to work; they are environments of active engagement, learning, and growth. Event Managers are passionate about building an event management business unit, securing and hosting top-notch events, providing outstanding hospitality and setting the bar for flawless event execution.
Galvanize is seeking a highly motivated event management professional to join our team. We are looking for an innovative thinker with experience in developing events that attract new customers, cross-sell to existing customers, and progresses pipelines to deliver outstanding results. The ideal candidate is strategic, has demonstrated experience in event marketing, lead and revenue generation, digital and social media surround planning, and facilities and hospitality management. Diligent follow-up, attention to detail, an ability to tell and sell the Galvanize story, and experience managing a high-volume lead pipeline through to conversion are must-haves to be successful in the role. The ideal candidate will thrive in an exciting and evolving company, and will want to be a critical part of a scaling business.
- Market and sell Galvanize as premier space for tech and entrepreneurial events.
- Create and execute an end-to-end event strategy and activities which supports the objectives of our business.
- Deliver event experiences that differentiate Galvanize, allow direct prospect engagement with our offerings, and result in attendee conversion.
- Curate on-campus events and programming that drive community engagement and educational opportunities for existing and potential members and students (i.e. innovation, startup development, web programming, data science, women/diversity in tech, big data, venture capital, social good in tech, etc.).
- Translate business goals and objectives into marketing and event plans that deliver engagement, leads, pipeline, and revenue.
- Drive event revenue through student, member, and partner lead generation, activation, and conversion.
- Develop and deliver breakthrough ideas and innovative event activities / tactics that attract new buyers and drive engagement.
- Apply analytics and insights to better understand attendees, their behaviors and interests, and improve engagement – driving the continual optimization of future events, strategies, and plans.
- Work to analyze and identify root cause and action plans to address event performance issues and drive continual improvement.
- Hospitably engage event inquiries.
- Own the master booking calendar for all events, ensuring available space, staffing, inventory, etc.
- Manage contracts, scheduling, and payment via Tripleseat.
- Develop marketing strategy for events (newsletter content, social media plan, email nurture, etc.).
- Attend and manage on-the-ground important events to manage relationships, ensure flawless execution, and represent Galvanize.
- Collaborate with Evangelists to drive and execute on student lead generating events.
- Collaborate with Program Director and Member Success Manager to execute internal marketing of community-focused programming and members-only events.
- Collaborate with Event Managers are other campuses to implement cross-campus event planning, as well as strategic pricing for cross-member eventsTrack, measure, and report event performance against agreed-upon metrics.
- Manage the overall creation and execution of events on budget, on time and on target to a high degree of sponsor satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively, on a regularly scheduled cadence, to ensure stakeholder alignment.
- 3+ years of operations and events management experience, preferably in a fast-paced hotel, restaurant, or professional event planning environment.
- Demonstrated experience driving revenue via marketing, outreach and sales.
- Successful history of lead generation.
- Available to work events (day, evening, weekend) as business demands.
- Experience hiring, managing, and scheduling an events team.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial skill-set, delivers hustle with a flourish.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational planning, time management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for expert event planning, execution, and measurement.
- Budget development and tracking.
- Experience with Tripleseat a plus.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com