Cannabis Community Manager
Growers Network (www.growersnetwork.org) is hiring a new Community Manager to join our Tucson, AZ-based software company. Growers Network is a private and vetted community for cannabis professionals. Our members think of us like the LinkedIn of cannabis, but better. We are a team of hard-working individuals who are looking for people to grow with us. We have a startup vibe with a relaxed atmosphere where you can wear anything you want and be yourself! Our office is an open floor plan with standing and sitting desks. We work in a dynamic environment conducive to openness in experimenting and trying new ideas.
You will be managing and moderating our private, vetted and professional online community.
This position is about maintaining positive, professional relationships in the cannabis industry. Since we connect cannabis professionals together, your goal will be to facilitate and encourage communication between all different aspects of the cannabis industry, from cultivation to dispensaries to packaging to service providers and many, many more. The position is full-time and located in our Tucson, AZ office.
Success in this role is dependent upon your ability and willingness to learn about the members within our community. Community managers need to be able to quickly invite members into conversations that are relevant to their expertise and interests. Recording what you learn about each member in our CRM (Salesforce) is also required in this role, as noted below.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of combined knowledge and experience with:
- Growing plants, specifically cannabis
- Managing and moderating online communities
- Must be able to type 45 WPM or faster.
- Must have high emotional intelligence for interacting with members and our team.
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis industry.
- Degree in botany or related degree and/or communications or related degree.
- Strong familiarity with the following softwares
- Google Apps (docs, gmail, sheets, etc.)
- Ability to work in both cross-functional teams and autonomously.
- Can manage their work independently with minimal supervision and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, and see a project from start to finish with minimal to no supervision.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software platforms as necessary.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment or within the cannabis industry is a strong plus.
- Writing original content, that includes:
- Deep dive interviews with members on their Grow Operation set up
- Tours of grow operations and cannabis businesses
- AMAs (Ask Me Anything)
- Blog articles on cultivation related topics
- Sharing relevant agricultural and cannabis research, white papers, and topical news articles.
- Posting starter questions to get the conversation going.
- Welcoming new members in the Introduce Yourself topic.
- Ping relevant community members for answers to questions.
- Collaborative with the marketing, PR, and communications departments to ensure strategies align.
- Expand our community and boost brand awareness through events and other creative marketing campaigns.
- Power user outreach + referral program.
- Managing our private categories for other companies within our community.
- Launch and manage our new regional groups functionality.
- Design, develop, launch and track surveys, polls, and infographics.
- Orientation and training on the forum with select members.
- Creating new categories and subcategories as needed.
- Building vendor corners on the forum for select members.
- Publishing research, white papers, case studies, testimonials, and other relevant information on behalf of our vendors within their vendor corners.
- Creating new badges.
- Badge assignments for new members.
- Work with development, creative and sales departments, keeping abreast of new products and features.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals, and journalists in a fruitful way.
- Attend trade shows to meet and greet with current and prospective members.
- Moderating users within the community
- Messaging two parties that are arguing with each other
- Reviewing flagged posts
- Monitoring potential trouble members PMs
- Merging or splitting topics.
- Moderating our private categories for other Cannabis Associations.
- Manage public comments and queries in a timely, engaging manner,
- always promoting and referring back to our forum.
- Monitor and report results of online reviews and comments.
- Create and maintain reporting procedures to track success of online community initiatives.
- # of new users that sign up (growth rate)
- # of daily active users
- # of topics created
- # of posts created
- Membership engagement rate
- And more!
We offer full health insurance through United Healthcare (you don’t pay anything out of pocket–we cover 100%), dental/vision is an optional add-on (approximately $20/mo if you desire it). Other add-on benefits are available.
Market competitive salary. Exact compensation amount will be determined based on qualifications, with room for negotiation.
To apply, send Nick Morin ([email protected]) your resume and responses to the following questions:
- Why you are interested in Growers Network?
- Why you are passionate about this role specifically?
Community Management, Community, Forum, Discourse, Software startup, Cannabis, Hydro, Hydroponic, Hydroponics, Garden, Gardening, Nursery, Plants, Plant, Customer Service, Ecommerce, E Commerce, E-Commerce, Retail, Etail, E-Tail, Growing, Growers, Growing, Aquaponics, Agriculture, Greenhouse, GreenHouse, Marijuana, Pot, Weed
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com