Website Maddie's Fund
This is a 1 year remote Contractor position with the possibility to extend.
Our Mission: To revolutionize the status and well being of companion animals.
Maddie’s Fund is a family foundation founded in 1994 by Workday co-founder Dave Duffield and his wife, Cheryl, who have endowed the Foundation with more than $300 million. Since then, they have awarded more than $172 million in grants toward increased community lifesaving, shelter medicine education, and pet adoptions across the U.S. The Duffields named Maddie’s Fund after their Miniature Schnauzer, Maddie, who always made them laugh and comforted them during stressful business times when Dave was launching a startup software company. Maddie was with Dave and Cheryl from 1987-1997 and continues to inspire them today.
Maddie’s Fund is the fulfillment of a promise to an inspirational dog and the creation of a goal towards achieving a no-kill nation where all healthy and treatable shelter dogs and cats are guaranteed a loving home. #ThanksToMaddie.
For more information on Maddie’s Fund, please visit www.Maddiesfund.org
Maddie’s Fund needs assistance managing their new online forum (Maddie’s Pet Forum = MPF) for the animal welfare community, primarily targeting animal welfare industry insiders and eventually adopters and foster caregivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
We would like to engage with someone for the following tasks:
Day to day management of forum, including:
- Initiate and sustain forum discussions
- Ensure that peoples’ questions and feedback receive high quality, timely answers
- Provide technical assistance on basic forum functionality to forum users
- Resolve disputes and remove inappropriate content within forum
- Support, educate and build relationships with Maddie’s Pet Forum members
- Convert newcomers to regular users
- Monitor and manage Maddie’s Pet Forum email account
- Manage MPF volunteers
Support the growth of MPF through the following activities:
- Manage planning, strategy and daily activities for Maddie’s Pet Forum
- Increase Maddie’s Pet Forum membership, engagement, and retention through personal interactions on the forum
- Identify trending and engaging topics in the forum to help direct upcoming programs
- Identify topic experts and influencers
- Identify and engage forum volunteers
- Plan and execute online events and activities
- Develop strategies and manage forum to engage and highlight top community contributors
Work closely with the Manager of Partnerships & Collaboration to implement and drive strategies and process improvements
Develop and implement strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
Advance projects and strategies to ensure overall success of Maddie’s Pet Forum
Leverage data to identify trends, provide actionable insights, and improve Maddie’s Pet Forum users’ experiences
Background and Qualifications
The ideal person for this job will have extensive (3-5 years+) experience building and managing online forums including hands on experience with the tasks outlined above. Background or experience in the animal welfare community would be a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] Your cover letter should include the following:
Describe key competencies that you feel would define your success in this position.
Tell us about your experience in animal welfare (if any) or with pets of your own.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com