Senior Community Experience Manager
Meetup brings people together
Meetup’s Community Experience team is a diverse, creative group that knows every nook and cranny of Meetup, and they use that knowledge to coach and support Meetup members around the world. To keep the Meetup ecosystem humming, the team trades emails with hundreds of community members every day: they answer questions, offer advice, hunt down defects, and reinforce Meetup’s Community Guidelines. And in their spare time, they’ll craft a Tweet, present community highlights to the entire Meetup team, or share product feedback with Meetup’s Product Managers.
They’re a passionate, busy, and ambitious team, and they need the right leader to help them continue to drive for success. Community Experience Managers ensure daily operational success while planning for future growth.
On any given day, you might:
- Create and implement strategies to increase Meetup organizer success
- Determine how to apply new policies
- Present the team’s strategic goals to Meetup leadership
- Drive the creation and adoption of a new tool
- Lead the bi-weekly team meeting
- Meet with a direct report to create a development plan
This might be the role for you if:
- You’re a leader of leaders with at least 5 years experience managing a team of 25+ in a customer or user focused environment.
- You know that behind any successful product is a successful community support team.
- You know that a strong vision is necessary to sustain a strong team, and you masterfully weave that vision into even the most mundane daily tasks.
- You have exceptional training and facilitation skills.
- You are a self-starter who is never content with good enough, and you’re always on the lookout for ways to improve efficiency, quality, and scale.
- You can develop both individuals and teams, and you have the results to prove it.
- You not only know how to have tough conversations, but you know they’re often the best gift you can give someone. You also know that listening is the most important part of that conversation.
- You can craft an email that will rise to the occasion, successfully de-escalating, encouraging, or delivering unwanted news as needed.
- You have strong technical problem solving skills.
Bonus Points if you have experience with:
- Product Management
- Customer Success
If the above describes you and your talents, we want to hear from you! Please note that resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://grnh.se/smxi1c1 →