Social Media and Community Manager
Website National Academy of Engineering
The National Academy of Engineering (NAE) is seeking an offsite community manager to handle various outreach and engagement tasks for its LinkEngineering.org website. A contract may be issued as a result of this solicitation, which is expected to be for twelve (12) months but may be extended at NAE’s discretion. A commitment of 1,040 hours per year is required. Fees for any resultant contract are $35,000.00 to $60,000.00, depending on experience level and qualifications.
LinkEngineering.org is a community site intended to support preK-12 teachers, teacher educators, and administrators in implementing engineering education in classroom and out-of-school settings. The site has recently entered into a partnership with TeachEngineering.org, which has over 1,500 vetted engineering-related instructional materials appropriate for use with preK-12 students.
1. Responsible for outreach, including creating and implementing a strategic plan for recruiting and retaining users to the LinkEngineering site.
2. Responsible for communication with site users, including responding as appropriate to their questions or forwarding questions to the appropriate experts to promote engagement.
3. Responsible for social media activity, including creating and managing LinkEngineering’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other relevant online communities.
4. Responsible for coordinating face-to-face interactions of the LinkEngineering community members.
5. Working with the site’s Content Manager, provide analysis and recommendations for changes and updates to LinkEngineering based on site analytics.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Experience with social media tools (e.g., WordPress, Twitter, Facebook).
3. Excellent time management skills.
4. Strong networking skills.
5. Some familiarity with engineering education at the preK-12 level preferred.
6. A minimum of 3 years demonstrated success in online community management.
If interested, send an email with your resume or statement of qualifications, and fee schedule to: Dr. Elizabeth Cady, [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com