Online Community Manager
Website Pachamama Alliance
Location: San Francisco Presidio, CA
Deadline for Application: March 31 (position open until filled)
Pachamama Alliance is an established San Francisco-based non-profit organization with a mission to empower indigenous people of the Amazon rainforest to preserve their lands and culture and, using insights gained from that work, to educate and inspire individuals everywhere to bring forth a thriving, just and sustainable world.
To generate new possibilities for engagement in our work, we are launching an online community using the Open Social platform to connect participants, supporters, and leaders. We are looking for a candidate whose life purpose is deeply aligned with the mission and vision of Pachamama Alliance.
The Online Community Manager (OCM) will be key to the launch of this online community as well as in supporting its expansion and overall success. The OCM will be the point person for incoming and existing community members, ensuring they have a fulfilling experience. This work includes developing and implementing a strategy for the online community, including managing content development to generate activity and building relationships between members.
The online community will integrate participants, volunteers, and donors from the worldwide Pachamama Alliance network to provide powerful new ways to connect, collaborate, and inspire. The OCM will work closely with multiple teams in the organization, including the Programs, Marketing & Communications, and Development Teams, to ensure that the online community integrates with ongoing work in other areas.
● Welcome new members and connect them with other members to create relationships in the community
● Generate activity and build relationships between members by creating and sharing content, encouraging member-generated content, and seeding discussions
● Monitor the community to ensure the rules of engagement are being followed, and manage inappropriate activity using processes for resolution
● Create and maintain a resource library, including FAQ’s, training manuals, and recorded orientations and tutorials
● Organize incoming feedback and communicate it with the team
● Track and analyze community data to define and monitor metrics of success, communicate trends to the team, and use insights to inform overall strategy
Project Management and Collaboration:
● Provide team leadership for the maintenance and development of the online community
● Collaborate with the Programs Team to integrate in-person and online program participants into the online community, and to support the activity and growth of local groups
● Collaborate with the Development Team to support and cultivate donors in the online community
● Collaborate with the Marketing Team to push popular community content out through social networks and other channels
● Collaborate with the Web Development Team to develop and implement appropriate platform changes based on user feedback
The strongest candidate will:
● Identify as a game changer and have an understanding of personal and societal transformational work along with a desire to work in an organization working towards a world that works for all
● Have a background and interest in topics relating to transformation, interconnectedness, and social and environmental justice
● Have enthusiasm for dynamic collaboration
● Be proficient in Spanish
● Natural community builders, love interacting with people in a compassionate way
● Proven ability to build alignment and work effectively across departments
● Solid process and project management skills are required, including the ability to manage numerous priorities simultaneously
● Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
● Track record using data and analytics to inform project strategy
● Ability to communicate priorities, goals, and deadlines across functional teams
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Online community management experience
● Building online communities from the ground up
● Design and user experience
● Copywriting, blogging, and facilitating online discussions
● Commitment to creating and presenting high quality, user-friendly materials
● Google Analytics
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full-time and located in the San Francisco Presidio. Salary range is in the $50,000’s depending on experience, plus competitive vacation and health benefits. Employees receive a complimentary pass to the Presidigo Shuttle that has stops at the SF Transit Terminal, Embarcadero, and others in route to the Presidio.
Pachamama Alliance uses a distributed leadership model to pursue its mission, empowering team members to work collaboratively to pursue opportunities they identify.
All the criteria-based duties and standards within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the Pachamama Alliance organization.
If you are interested in this position, please first visit and thoroughly explore our website: pachamama.org. Then submit cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] Include your name and “Online Community Manager” in the subject line, and submit cover letter and resume as separate attachments. No phone calls, please.
It is the policy of Pachamama Alliance to provide equal opportunity to all employees, applicants and program beneficiaries; to provide equal opportunity for advancement of employees; to provide program and employment facilities which are accessible to those with disabilities and to administer its programs in a manner that does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation or citizenship. All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.