Senior Community and Programs Manager
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 17 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by mastering new skills on Udemy. Through our global marketplace, we connect lifelong learners around the world to the largest selection of online courses created by expert instructors, and we’re just getting started.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and an unlimited vacation policy.
The Senior Community and Programs Manager is responsible for increasing student and instructor retention and engagement through personal interactions. This includes all community activities, of which the Instructor Community is the most active with 50k members. You will also oversee Instructor programs, a team tasked with the creation, execution, and scaling of instructor services that move business objectives. You will be accountable to the growth and expense of your team, including in house and contract employees, through a clear understanding of their impacts, and scope.
– Build a robust community and new services that foster trust and influence customer success metrics.
– Be the expert in communities and how to grow them exponentially
– Explore growth of Student communities
– Manage and grow a high-performing team
– Employ contractors and community moderators to maximize team output
– Work closely with Support, Marketing and Product to ensure seamless customer experiences and handoffs.
– Develop communication and task workflows that optimize/simplify effort cross-functionally with every Udemy team
– 3+ years experience building and scaling communities
– 1-3 years management experience
– Impeccable judgement and decision making. Ability to put broader company visions, policies, or priorities into strategies
– Able to build trusted relationships with direct reports and motivate them to be their best selves
– Deep empathy, and ability to effectively communicate Udemy’s brand and vision to customers
– Willingness to get in the weeds with team members – whether that’s helping with email copy, jumping on tickets, or being point on a fire.
– Ensures nothing falls through the cracks
– Ability to think strategically, convey a vision and execute a plan
– Ability to gain extensive product and institutional knowledge, and ability to navigate the complexities of a large org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/udemy/866e64d8-3a3f-4742-81d3-0b48d842be53 →