The future is now.
The community-centric company is no longer a far-off future ideal. It’s happening right now, all over the world. Airbnb, Uber, Apple, LEGO, Salesforce, Cisco: they’re all driven more and more each day by their communities. And the frameworks, best practices, and strategies for successful communities are evolving faster than ever before. It is essential that you keep up so you can poise your organization for long-term success.
The best community professionals are always learning.
CMX Summit is your opportunity to tap the brakes, pull back from your day-to-day, and apply a wide range of advice and experiences to your current work. You’ll learn from everyone from your community peers and idols to community-centric founders to those studying the human mind.
You’ll leave CMX Summit refreshed, inspired, and armed with the things you need to take your work to the next level.
This is your community, and this is your community event. We take pains to make CMX not just informative, but deeply rewarding and fun.
At CMX Summit, you will:
1. Learn the specific strategies developed by the world’s leading community experts.
2. Connect with hundreds of the world’s most ambitious community professionals.
3. Gain a deeper understanding of the future of business and the direction of the community industry.
4. Walk away with tactical, strategic insight for building your community strategy.
5. Feel the support and enthusiasm that reminds you why you chose this path.
“As a community manager, I want to build a big, bright fire, and I always leave CMX Summit with a can of gas and a box of matches.”
– Holly Goldin
Manager, Community Programs, Salesforce
CMX talks are carefully selected based on our incredibly high speaker standards. CEOs and community leaders have taken the CMX stage representing organizations like NASA, Airbnb, the FBI, Burning Man, Lyft, Apple, Facebook, the Navy, Salesforce and more.
CMX Summit East 2016 will take everything–and you–to the next level. Don’t miss it!
A Glimpse into CMX Summit
Day 1 – May 18th
Location: The High Line Hotel (180 10th Ave, Manhattan)
Location: The Whiskey Brooklyn (44 Berry St, Brooklyn)
Day 2 – May 19th
Location: Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave, Brooklyn)
Book your Hotel Today
Hotel Le Jolie – SOLD OUT!
We’ve reserved a block of rooms at Hotel Le Jolie on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights (May 17th, 18th, and 19th).
While we don’t have discounted rooms available here, we recommend checking out this hotel as it’s quite close to the venue.
Meet Our Speakers
Ashley Gallman Williams
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
"I've been waiting 25 years for the conversations happening here at CMX Summit."Ellen Leanse, Apple's Original User Evangelist
"It was so exciting to finally meet other community professionals and learn about their successes, struggles and visions for the future. I'm so happy that CMX is leading the way in bringing us together."Andrea Diamond, Community Manager at Airbnb
"CMX Summit is simply incredible. If you're working in a community role or at a company where community is important, consider it mandatory."Camille Ricketts, First Round
We'd love for you to join us!Register Now
CMX Summit Workshops
CMX offers world-class, professional workshops that will take your community strategy to the next level.
1. Intro to Community Strategy - SOLD OUTLevel: Beginner to Advanced Taught by David Spinks, CEO of CMX This course came out of workshops that the CMX team has taught at some of the world’s leading companies and for students all over the world as part of our first Fundamentals of Community Strategy Online Course. We’ve tested and honed this workshop over 18 months to deliver models and frameworks that will allow you to set up an unbreakable infrastructure for community success in your company.
2. Community-Driven Marketing Strategy - SOLD OUTLevel: Intermediate to Advanced Taught by Lauren Perkins, Author of The Community Manager Playbook and CEO of Perks Consulting Building Community is critical to more effective marketing. But how do you integrate the two efficiently? How do you then attain and demonstrate the business value of community building without turning its member into detractors? Back by popular demand, Lauren will talk about the central role community plays in marketing and will address how to measure and communicate the ROI of community initiatives to your stakeholders.
3. Results-Oriented ModerationLevel: Beginner Taught by Jenn Lebowitz, Senior Director of Community Development at Health Union Moderation is a given when it comes to community management - but there’s no cookie cutter model that works across all communities. What you actually do when moderating can and should vary depending on your purpose. So how do you execute in a way that aligns with your goals? In this workshop, you'll learn high concept frameworks and down-and-dirty practical tools for moderating that help yield the results you want for your community’s organizational objectives and specific purpose.
4. Two-sided Marketplaces: Building Supply in the Gig EconomyLevel: Intermediate to Advanced Taught by Shira Levine, CEO at Fanchismo Whether it be for ideas, content, commerce, or gigs, marketplaces have commonalities that can be managed and measured effectively with special know-how. In this session, long-time community marketplace strategist Shira Levine will help you break down your community into addressable segments resulting in a strategy that will propel your entire plan forward. You’ll come out of this session with a department strategy that wows execs, unlocks product resources, and results in engagement and retention and whatever else you’re trying to accomplish with your community. All done with humor and heart–the hallmarks of Shira’s teaching style.
5. Building and Scaling Distributed Events - SOLD OUTLevel: Beginner Taught by Sally Rumble and Lisa Cifuentes, Chief Happiness Officer & Community Manager at CreativeMornings In this workshop, Sally and Lisa will cover how they built and scaled CreativeMornings, a globally distributed event series, from 4 chapters to 140 and growing. They'll touch on how they get Hosts and Organizers engaged and sustain that engagement over time. From onboarding new organizers and communicating in multiple languages to walking the line of brand control versus chapter host's creative freedom, they'll provide a comprehensive set of resources to help your team build a local or global event series of your own.
– You must purchase a workshop ticket in order to attend one of the workshops. – Space is strictly limited in workshops to ensure that each one is intimate – You will select two workshops once all sessions are announced. Each workshop is a half-day. To purchase a workshop, purchase a ticket that includes "Day 1". We'll be contacting you about choosing specific workshops shortly.
Register for CMX Summit
We have limited seats and they’re filling up quickly, so grab your ticket now! Prices increase May 2nd.