Community is the future of business.
No one thought Airbnb would disrupt the hotel industry. No one believed that real-time crowd-sourced traffic data would be possible, but Waze proved everyone wrong. No one believed that the taxi industry would ever change, then along came Uber and Lyft.
Disruption is imminent.
The business world has shifted. People have all the power. Loyalty cannot be purchased. Instead, you must connect your users to one another and give them the tools to thrive together with your business.
Today, businesses are finding it harder and harder to stay relevant, competitive, collaborative, and responsive to their customers.
Community strategy is the antidote.
With a proven community strategy, you can connect your users to drive product, marketing, support, human resources, or platform growth.
CMX Summit is where you learn how it is done.
At CMX Summit and the CMX Summit Workshops, you’ll learn tactical community strategy. You’ll meet others who can guide you in your work. You’ll learn to communicate the value of community to the rest of your business. You’ll connect with the best in the industry and walk away with a clear roadmap for moving forward — in your community and in your business.
Stop throwing money at arbitrary community programs and learn from billion dollar businesses how to make community work in your business.
CMX Summit is where the top community professionals and businesses gather from all over the world to learn from the leading experts in the industry on how to build community online and offline.
At CMX Summit, you will:
1. Hear inspiring stories of how founders build community-driven businesses from the ground up
2. Learn the specific strategies developed by the world’s leading community experts
3. Connect with hundreds of the world’s most ambitious community professionals
4. Gain a deeper understanding of the future of business and the direction of the community industry
5. Discover and experience today’s leading technology that will help you build thriving communities
6. Walk away with tactical, strategic insight for building your community strategy
“CMX Summit is simply incredible. If you’re working in a community role or at a company where community is important, consider it mandatory.”
– Camille Ricketts, First Round Capital
CMX talks are carefully selected based on our incredibly high speaker standards. CEO’s and community leaders have taken the CMX stage representing organizations like NASA, Airbnb, the FBI, Burning Man, Lyft, Apple, Facebook, the Navy, Salesforce and more.
CMX Summit West 2015 will be our biggest and most exciting event yet. Don’t miss it.
A Glimpse into CMX Summit
Location: Galvanize (44 Tehama St.)
CMX Summit West
Location: Broadway Studios (435 Broadway, San Francisco, CA 94133)
Book your Hotel Today
If you’re traveling to CMX Summit West 2015, we’ve reserved a block of rooms at Hotel Kabuki, Wednesday and Thursday nights, October 14 and 15, 2015.
Rooms are available until September 14, 2015 at a reduced rate of $199/night, plus tax. Take advantage of this great rate and book your stay today by calling 800-533-4567 and asking for the CMX Summit rate.
Hotel Block is Sold Out
What Our Past Attendees Are Saying
— Dwilly (@dwillyco) May 21, 2015
— Sally Rumble (@sallyrumble) May 20, 2015
Thank you to our Promotional Partners!
Subscribe to CMX to be notified when more tickets are released and more speakers are announced.Register Now
Meet Our Speakers
Jennifer Sable Lopez
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
"CMX Summit is simply incredible. If you're working in a community role or at a company where community is important, consider it mandatory."Camille Ricketts, First Round Capital
"CMX is the indispensable community industry conference. It taps the most talented and interesting people in the field and will reframe everything you do."Evan Hamilton, Community Lead at Coursera
"I've been waiting 25 years for the conversations happening here at CMX Summit"Ellen Leanse, Apple's Original User Evangelist
"It was so exciting to finally meet other community professionals and learn about their successes, struggles and visions for the future. I'm so happy that CMX is leading the way in bringing us together"Andrea Diamond, Community Manager at Airbnb
We'd love for you to join us!Register Now
CMX Summit Workshops
CMX offers world-class, professional workshops that will take your community strategy to the next level.
This year we have 5 workshops the day before CMX Summit.Each workshop is a 5-hour long training program that will dive deep into a specific area of community strategy.
1. Intro to Community StrategyTaught by David Spinks, CEO of CMX This workshop is for anyone who's just getting started with their community strategy. It will help you understand where community fits into your business, what the value of community is and a step-by-step strategy for launching and scaling your community. SOLD OUT Learn more about this workshop
2. Integrating your Community and Product StrategyTaught by Erica Kuhl, Sr. Director of Community and Kristie Garafola, Director of Community Enablement at Salesforce This workshop will give you the tools you need to build a community that guides your team to build a product people love. You'll learn a step-by-step strategy for integrating your community into your product development cycle, and how Salesforce accomplished a 2.5x increase in ACV as a result of their community. ONLY 4 SEATS LEFT Learn more about this workshop
3. Community Driven Marketing StrategyTaught by Lauren Perkins, Author of The Community Manager Playbook and CEO of Perks Consulting In this workshop, you'll learn how communities can be built to help you achieve your marketing goals. Driving acquisition through ambassador programs, content, referrals and other community tactics, you'll be able to help your business grow through the power of community. ONLY 3 SEATS LEFT Learn more about this workshop
4. Community Driven Support Strategy and ImplementationTaught by Amy Muller, VP Customer Care & Community at Automatic Labs This workshop brings you an unprecedented opportunity to learn from one of the people who redefined how communities can drive customer support. Amy is a veteran of the Internet tech industry and co-founder of Get Satisfaction. In this workshop, you'll learn how to put together your own strategy for launching and running community support forums, managing support systems and assigning metrics to track and improve your process over time. ONLY 6 SEATS LEFT Learn more about this workshop
5. Building a Successful B2B CommunityThis workshop is sponsored and organized by Lithium. Taught by Louis Peters, Director of Social Strategy Consulting This workshop will provide you with tools and techniques to build an effective community focused on the unique needs of business-to-business companies and their customers. B2B organizations face increasingly high expectations, lengthy and complex sales cycles, and an ever expanding network of players. Learn from Lithium’s social strategy experts how to develop an effective roadmap for a B2B community that produces real results. ONLY 12 SEATS LEFT Learn more about this workshop
Workshops will be on Wednesday, October 14thTime: 9:30am-2:30pm (all workshops are at this time) Address: Galvanize - 44 Tehama St. San Francisco, CA 94105 – You must purchase a workshop ticket in order to attend one of the workshops. – Space is strictly limited in workshops to ensure that each one is intimate – You may only select one workshop To purchase a workshop, purchase a “Workshop Only”, or “Summit + Workshop” ticket below, and select your workshop in the following page.
Register for CMX Summit
Tickets for CMX Summit sell out fast.
General admission tickets are now available. Get yours now.