Community is the new competitive advantage.
In the last decade and a half…
– The Encyclopedia became Wikipedia.
– Rosetta Stone became Duolingo.
– Tech press became Product Hunt.
– Hotels became Airbnb.
– Financial investment became Prosper.
– Taxis became Uber.
Crowds, collaboration and community have changed how value is created around the globe. Businesses are becoming platforms.
As a result, over the last few years, the community industry has sped forward. Startups, big brands, non-profits, agencies, education giants, banks: they’re all investing in building platforms to connect people. Apple, Salesforce, Airbnb, SendGrid, Pearson, Google, Facebook: every single one of these companies is building a team dedicated to organizing communities of people.
Gone are the days of guesswork and shrugging off ROI. Each year, we see more frameworks, more calculations, more formalization and more careful innovation to educate how businesses build platforms with thriving communities. We’re moving from an art to a science.
CMX Summit is where the leaders creating this science come together.
CMX Summit West 2016 will feature:
– Over a dozen leaders from companies big and small speaking and leading workshops
– Inspiring and insightful keynotes from the likes of Alexis Ohanian (Co-founder, Reddit), Emiliana Simon-Thomas (Science Director, Greater Good Science Center), and David Spinks (CEO, CMX).
– Tracks focused on the following topics: engagement tactics, support communities, acquisition and retention communities, developer communities, and employee engagement
– Intimate, in-depth workshops with the most experienced experts in the industry
This is an opportunity to step back, soak in knowledge, meet hundreds of companies in the field, and return to work fully inspired and confident with a clear plan of action.
Join us at the seventh ever CMX Summit and bring the power of collaboration and community to your business.
A Glimpse into CMX Summit
Check out our CMX Summit East 2016 eBook to see just how valuable this content is.
Previous Attendees Include
Day 1 – Tuesday, November 1st
Location: Galvanize (44 Tehama St, San Francisco)
Day 2 – Wednesday, November 2nd
Location: Innovation Hangar (3601 Lyon Street, San Francisco)
Book your Hotel Today
We’ve reserved a block of discounted rooms at Hotel Triton. Get them here while they last!
About the Innovation Hangar
Our Day 2 venue is the sprawling and gorgeous Innovation Hangar at the spectacular Palace of Fine Arts. The Palace was built for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition and then rebuilt in 1955 and feels a bit like something from ancient Greece.
The Innovation Hangar used to house the Exploratorium prior to their move in 2013. It’s a fun, unique space with lots of round edges, comfy nooks, and massive skylights that pour natural light in.Register Now
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
"I'm still quoting speakers from CMX Summit days later. It was inspiring, engaging, and actionable."Danya Shults, Director of Marketing & Community, Spark Capital
"I've been waiting 25 years for the conversations happening here at CMX Summit."Ellen Leanse, Apple's Original User Evangelist
"If you run a Community and can only attend one conference next year, CMX Summit is IT!"Katie Harris, Developer Community Manager, HP
"It was so exciting to finally meet other community professionals and learn about their successes, struggles and visions for the future. I'm so happy that CMX is leading the way in bringing us together."Andrea Diamond, Community Manager at Airbnb
"If there's one conference any CM should attend, make it this one. Whether you're new to the community world or a hardened vet, you'll come away from this conference brimming with ideas and inspiration."Ligaya Tichy, Senior Manager, Marketing & Community, Yelp
CMX Summit Workshops
CMX offers world-class, professional workshops that will take your community strategy to the next level.
1. Intro to Community Strategy - SOLD OUTLevel: Beginner to Advanced Taught by David Spinks, CEO of CMX This course came out of workshops that the CMX team has taught at some of the world’s leading companies and for students all over the world as part of our Fundamentals of Community Strategy Online Course. We’ve tested and honed this workshop over 18 months to deliver a framework that will help you structure your community strategy and clearly define the value of your work.
2. Planning for Success: Community Implementation and Launch - SOLD OUTLevel: Beginner to Intermediate Taught by Scott Moore, Community Strategist You have a strategy - now how do you ensure that it lands successfully? Scott will walk you through how to put all the pieces in place for a successful launch and first 5 months of your community. You'll learn how to select a community software platform (and understand the tradeoffs specific to your organization). You'll learn how to design community guidelines and implement moderation. And you'll tackle that tricky old challenge: How do I engage my community members?
3. Testing and Advancing Your Community Efforts - SOLD OUTLevel: Beginner to Intermediate Taught by Jennifer Sable Lopez, Formerly Director of Community at Moz You work hard every day, but how do you measure your efforts? How will you determine if what you’re doing is working, or more importantly, if it’s failing? Jen will take you on a journey to create clear goals, understand the metrics that matter to help you reach those goals, and how to report on your progress. Most importantly, you’ll learn how to test everything along the way. Is your sign up process hindering engagement? Is the messaging clear? Do you need all those fields on that form? These are questions Jen will help you uncover, measure, evaluate, and test, to help your community succeed.
4. Building on Community Success - Buy-In, Iteration, and Troubleshooting - SOLD OUTLevel: Beginner to Advanced Taught by Shira Levine, CEO of Fanchismo Bring your challenges to this interactive workshop in which online community pioneer Shira Levine will lead you through the realities of putting your strategic vision into action. You'll learn how to build on your existing successes, nail internal diplomacy, and get organizational support. Along the way, you'll receive tons of best practices and examples from thriving communities, large & small. Come prepared to laugh and let off steam.
5. Scaling Your Community - SOLD OUTLevel: Intermediate to Advanced Taught by Holly Goldin Firestone, Community Program Manager at Salesforce So you’ve built a successful community program…congrats! How do you scale your community efforts when your team is growing at a slower pace than your community? Holly will take her experience building huge, distributed programs and teach you how to empower others, build processes into your program that enable you to share ownership, and maintain a high-quality community program.
Schedule[caption id="attachment_7336" align="alignleft" width="200"] Day 1[/caption] [caption id="attachment_7339" align="alignleft" width="200"] Day 2 - Morning[/caption] [caption id="attachment_7338" align="alignleft" width="200"] Day 2 - Afternoon[/caption]
Register for CMX Summit
Only a few tickets left!