All available jobs at CMX are listed here…
Director of Sales
CMX is looking for a high-performing Director of Sales. The successful candidate will meet our client, partner and revenue growth objectives. This position reports directly to the CEO/Founder of CMX. The Director of Sales responsibilities include developing key growth strategies, tactics and action plans to monetize CMX Media’s industry leading position as the source of information, knowledge, tools and career enhancing training and education for community professionals.
Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. The Director of Sales duties will include hitting quarterly and annual targets, building strategic relationships and understanding how to drive revenue growth for CMX. As the first dedicated sales lead, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of the business. The position is initially an individual contributor role but as CMX grows the expectation is for the Director of Sales to hire, train and develop a core team to help take CMX to the next level.
Our mission is to organize and equip a global movement of community professionals, in order to shape a more connected, collaborative and compassionate world. We develop conferences, content and professional training for thousands of community professionals all over the world. We are also home to the largest online community of community builders all over the world.
Our Company Values:
- – Serve the Community– We stay close to our community members and our communities, and we always do right by them.
- – Be a Lifelong Student– We are always learning and growing.
- – Practice Radical Candor– We give honest feedback early and often, and trust that we have each others’ best interests in mind.
- – Empower People– We give others the opportunity to contribute to our mission.
- – Defend your Health– We set clear personal standards and never sacrifice our health for work.
The CMX Director of Sales Responsibilities and Duties:
- – Own, hit and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets, which include:
- – Selling corporate workshops/training
- – Selling event and content sponsorships, working closely with CMX’s CEO to achieve these targets
- – Closing training distribution partnerships with technology partners
- – Work with CMX’s CEO to define the sales and partnership models that drive revenues
- – Put together a “Top Strategic Accounts List” that includes accounts that are of long-term importance to the industry and CMX. Establish relationships with key stakeholders in each account that will deliver value to both parties. The goal is to establish a “beachhead” in each account that will deliver revenues and value to both parties in 2017 and beyond
- – Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the CMX client base and effectively communicate the CMX value proposition through proposals and presentations
- – Responsible for aligning corporate resources and executive involvement as needed
- – Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets and proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- – Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level. Strong prospecting skills and excellent closing skills
- – Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Business Administration required (MBA preferred)
- – Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals
- – Funnel Management – Both accuracy and precision with account-level detail and intimate working knowledge of next step management and overall account growth
- – 5+ years experience in direct or outside sales (Media, event sponsorship and enterprise/B2B sales experience a plus)
- – You are a closer. You can assist with complex contract negotiations, attend sales presentations and deliver signed agreements that take CMX to the next level
To apply, please email [email protected] and include:
- – Your resume
- – Links to your linkedin and twitter