Network Support Manager
ABOUT 826 NATIONAL
826 National is a nonprofit organization that provides strategic leadership, administration, and other resources to ensure the success of its network of eight writing and tutoring centers. 826 is the largest youth writing network in the country, currently serving 55,000+ students annually in chapters across the 826 Network and in partnership with teachers through 826 Digital. We serve as an international proof point for writing as a tool for young people to ignite and channel their creativity, explore identity, advocate for themselves and their community, and achieve academic and professional success.
826 National amplifies the impact of our national network of youth writing and publishing centers, and the words of young authors. Our team is comprised of a group of highly collaborative, passionate professionals dedicated to supporting our growing network of chapters, championing our new online lesson resource (826 Digital), and bringing the words of our students and the importance of writing to a national stage.
826 has been voted one of the top 30 companies to work for by GOOD Magazine, and our chapters are frequently recognized as the best places to volunteer by local media. There are approximately 130+ employees working across the 826 Network.
826 National serves as the hub of the 826 Network by facilitating collaboration and alignment among our chapters and bringing the 826 Network model and approach to new communities. The 826 National Chapter Support and Resources Manager is responsible for cultivating a thriving learning community across the 826 Network, developing strategic engagement opportunities for team members at current chapters, and expanding resources and infrastructure to amplify and support their work. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Director of Field Operations, and at times, requires travel and work during the evenings/weekends.
The main organizational priorities for the Network Support Manager include:
- Communicating with 826 Network-wide program teams, project management, and development of programmatic and operational resources to support the work of our eight chapters.
- Advancing standard practices, policies, resources, and trainings in collaboration with the 826 Network to help strengthen and support our education and volunteer programs.
- Implementing virtual systems to support the ongoing development of an engaged, inclusive learning community across the 826 Network.
- Work with 826 National and 826 Network teams to maintain and expand upon programmatic resources, including best practices, training materials, program manuals, and consent forms.
- Work with chapter staff to synthesize and develop recommended processes and practices.
- Develop and implement systems to promote strategic virtual engagement and support across the 826 Network.
- Facilitate Program and Volunteer Program Team calls to share best practices and deepen programming across the organization.
Manage 826 National and 826 Network-focused onboarding of new chapter staff.
- Manage network-wide AmeriCorps VISTA application, onboarding, professional development, and reporting processes.
- Manage and implement network-wide programmatic projects.
- Support chapter staff with all queries related to students, families, volunteers, programs, and media permissions on an as-needed basis.
- Work with Volunteer Program team to determine and pursue priority objectives.
- Support planning and implementation of the annual 826 Staff Development Conference.
Skills and Qualifications
- A flexible, creative, entrepreneurial spirit.
- A demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and values of 826 National.
- At least three to five years experience working in areas of community engagement, non-profit organizations, and/or the education sector.
- Extensive, proven success in systems design and strategic virtual community engagement.
- Exceptional written, interpersonal communication skills, and customer service skills.
- Ability to engage and inspire a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Experience working effectively with a diverse set of constituents, teams, and colleagues.
- Ability to take ownership of simultaneous projects and drive activities to completion.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and project management skills.
- A solutions-based thinker, skilled at anticipating and successfully addressing challenges and make decisions in alignment with organizational objectives.
- Awareness of current trends and events as they relate to your role and the organization, including a deep familiarity with national education landscape, literacy, and writing instruction.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
Position is open until filled. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Salary range of $55,000 – $60,000.
Comprehensive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision care, and retirement, paid holidays, 15 days of annual vacation for the first two years of employment, with increases thereafter.
How to Apply
Please visit https://826national.typeform.com/to/RPvqta to complete an online application and submit a resume and detailed cover letter highlighting your interest and relevant experience.
826 National is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to hire those representative of the diverse communities we serve. 826 National hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://826national.typeform.com/to/RPvqta →