Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, is dedicated to building the core Blockstack protocols and developer platform. Blockstack PBC’s mission is to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
We’re looking for a growth-minded digital community partner to support the passionate community and developer builders who are at the heart of Blockstack.
Blockstack is an open source project that views the community as its strongest asset. In addition to growing the global community, this role is a critical resource to advocate for open source community initiatives. Across over half a dozen channels, you will lead the command center for communications, and be the face that people associate with Blockstack at the front lines. In this role, you will strategize with the communications team and roll out campaigns to further support and grow the community of people who value their fundamental digital rights and are excited about decentralized computing. Successful applicants will carry with them into this role a founder’s mentality, a can-do attitude and positively curious disposition.
- Work with a PR team and in-house growth team, taking the lead on digital strategy, implementing and improving the reach of the Blockstack community.
- Coordinate and execute various multi-month campaigns around Hackathons, product messaging, blogs and press.
- Champion the developers building on Blockstack along with their apps.
- Relay valuable product feedback, helping decrease gap between Blockstack products and community expectations.
- Take ownership of all digital Community management including but not limited to: email, slack, reddit, twitter, telegram, discord, forum.
- Answer support tickets and requests, escalating to the appropriate team members when necessary.
- Be a core player in implementing various Blockstack campaigns and communication strategies.
- A growth mindset and passion for building a new internet for decentralized apps.
- A background in marketing and community building with developers.
- Awareness and eagerness to learn about best practices and tactics used by any open source project that we could benefit from.
- Knowledge of crypto projects and the blockchain ecosystem as a whole.
- Demonstrated ability to create diverse and inclusive community initiatives.
- Track record of extreme ownership and ability to go above and beyond.
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Curiosity to problem solve from a product and company growth mindset, and to bring solutions to life collaboratively.
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Benefits include remote work options, token grants in addition to equity compensation, and a budget for learning and education. We also offer 100% paid gold health benefits, daily lunch, and our spacious NYC HQ is centrally located in Flatiron.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com