Community Account Manager
Levellr is a fast-growing early stage startup in the UK. We provide software and services to music labels, podcasters and brands to help them launch, grow, manage and monetize communities on platforms like Discord and Telegram. Our three pillar approach gives our customers everything they need for their community to thrive: a) community management software, (b) community strategy, and (c) community moderation
We’re hiring a Content and Technical Community Manager to join us as we build our company, team, and product.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup just as we begin our expansion. Over the next few years we’ll be working together to build the fundamentals of our product, culture, and business. We’ll be launching new products, growing our team, and building a long-term growth engine.
Over the last quarter, we have experienced exponential growth in client uptake. We’re looking for a detail-oriented and highly organised Content and Technical Community Manager to work closely with our Head of Community. You’ll deliver community-related responsibilities for a stream of clients across the music industry where we’re working with some of the largest labels & artists globally including Warner Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group, Fred again.., Maisie Peters, Charli XCX, and household brands like Starbucks.
The role will focus on technical Discord community management, writing client community reports and product how-to guides, driving moderator recruitment, and liaising with clients.
We welcome self-starting, fast-learning, talented people who want to start and contribute to unique projects where collaboration and responding to market feedback are key.
- Start date: January 2023 onwards
- Type of contract: Full-time
- Location: Fully remote, but willing to work in UK or Western Europe time zones
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a Community Account Manager who is passionate about helping shape community ecosystems by providing our customers with proactive & seamless community management. You’ll know everything there is to know about Discord (and ideally Telegram) and you’ll be someone who LOVES working through and iterating on step-by-step processes — as well as writing about your work.
You thrive in a fast-changing environment and aren't afraid to figure stuff out as you go. Ideally, you’ll find writing up how-to docs as easy as you find it to binge your favourite Netflix show, and you won’t have a problem editing permissions to a role, adding a new category, or adding a bot or ten in multiple Discord servers. You’ll feel confident in writing reports, being a point of contact for clients, adopting new processes and executing them with quality.
You’ll ensure our clients’ technical requests on Discord are quickly fulfilled and can confidently take on the responsibility of client reporting. You’ll feed directly into our Head of Community, helping her operate systems which directly assists the business to scale, and expect to work closely with product, sales & marketing teams to ensure our clients needs are delivered. You’ll also be responsible for helping us screen and onboard new moderators, and drive customer retention by ensuring they receive top community health checkups. (Don’t worry, we’ll teach you how to write these reports in detail!)
We’re looking for:
Discord Technical Skills
- A Discord expert knows everything from commands to shortcuts, permissions to bot management
A writer at heart
- Has great copywriting skills
- Proficient at writing emails
- Can write great how-to manuals
- Comfortable writing reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
A Naturally Organised Human
- You probably like making sure your bag is always organised and you’ll probably colour-code your books at home (or something along those lines)
- Highly organised when it comes to documentation and client tracking
Good at working with others
- Has 2+ years of experience in account management/moderator management Applicable experience in moderating discord communities
- Proven ability to learn fast, write fast, and get stuff done
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent working style
- Great at listening to instructions and going the extra mile when needed
Ideally, you’d also have
- Experience building your own Discord community
- Been a member of multiple communities or various platforms
- Comfortable working with data
- Experience with Notion
It’s important to us that we can spend some time together on video calls each week and occasionally work together on our customers’ communities, so we’re looking for someone willing to work the majority of the hours in UK or Western Europe time zones.
Who we are
Levellr is run by two co-founders, Tom (CEO) and Ben (CTO), who have experience working at start-ups (MyCujoo, Caster Level) and big companies (YouTube, Eleven Sports). We’ve been working on the business since early 2021. We’re backed by an advisory board who have 5 successful exits between them. We’ve built a product that is growing revenue by 20%+ per month, and currently making waves in the music & creator industry, and now we’re beginning to grow our team.
This is not your typical corporate role. Nor is this a funding-fueled hype machine without a real product that fixes real problems. We’re an early stage startup charting our own course and building a company that we would love to work for.
- We work remotely. You’ll see us in calls from London coworking spaces, suburban home offices, and the occasional Airbnb.
- We work flexibly. We work around school runs, workouts at the gym, meals with the kids, and the occasional random day off for day trips or long weekends.
- We get stuff done. We have a bias for action, and we love creating value from nothing but our code and our conversations.
- We thrive in uncertainty. We listen to market feedback as we iterate continuously to build products our customers love.
- We avoid hierarchy. We do the right thing without needing anyone to chase us or watch over our shoulders.
- We aim for balance. We work to build a business that will give our teams (and their families!) balanced and happy lives for many years to come.
We value autonomy, independence, transparency, and trust. We always do the right thing for the team and the business, even if it costs us. We give each other radically honest feedback and challenge assumptions. We know that people need independence and freedom to thrive, but we also know that we need to work together as a team to make the biggest impact.
To be super clear, let’s turn this around: you won't be happy with us if you expect to be told exactly what to do, prefer well-documented processes and well-defined roadmaps, or dislike change. You won’t be happy with us if you prefer to work alone, dislike feedback, or want to stick rigidly to a set of responsibilities. We’re in a fast changing market, and we need to change fast with it. But we promise to work together continuously and systematically on finding the right path for everyone!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we aim to build a diverse team. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We’re open and inclusive, and it’s important to us that you are too.
Because we are a remote first company, benefits will vary based on where you live. We take the health and well-being of our teammates seriously. Just tell us what you need to be happy and successful, and we’ll try our best to accommodate.
- 5 weeks holiday allowance (plus public holidays)
- Home office allowance or coworking space stipend
- Fully remote & flexible working hours
- Equal maternity and paternity benefits
- Stock option plan
To apply for this job please visit jobs.polymer.co.