Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a results-oriented Community Manager to join our team and help us grow our first customer community site.
As our first Community Manager, your mission will be to uphold moderation guidelines on our community site and drive customer engagement. You should be excited about playing an important role in helping define and execute the community strategy. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you are experienced working with B2B SaaS Community platforms (like InSided or Higher Logic Vanilla), have outstanding organizational skills, and are excited to drive positive membership growth within our community.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Manager of Customer Education to refine the moderation, content, engagement, and reporting strategies associated with the community site
- Moderate our community platform to ensure users abide by community guidelines
- Drive user engagement by facilitating discussions and hosting events within the community
- Drive positive growth on leading metrics (including membership growth, engagement rates, questions answered) and long-term metrics (i.e. product adoption, NPS, decrease in support tickets, and more)
- Promote educational assets to drive adoption of resources on the Muck Rack Academy
- Coordinate community projects with departments across the organization
- Partner with the Content and Product Marketing teams to curate and socialize content in the community
- Familiarize yourself with the voice and tone of the Muck Rack brand and embody it consistently when engaging in the community
- Identify & collaborate with thought leaders and community members to create value for the community
How success will be measured in this role:
- Membership growth
- Contributing users
- Engagement rates (impressions, reactions, comments, votes)
- Impact on product adoption
- Positive comparative metric change in community members and non-members
- Impact on Academy course participants
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 2-3 years minimum experience in building successful online communities
- Experience with Public Relations/Journalism
- Experience in defining community strategy, KPIs, and goals to grow audience and engagement
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Experience with social media marketing is a plus
- Comfort with tools including Adobe Creative Suite, TechSmith, and Camtasia is a plus
- An ability to distill multiple marketing messages & inputs into a clear plan and process for execution
- Master prioritizer, with the ability to manage tight deadlines and pivot based on changing business priorities
- Strong communication skills – able to work independently while also collaborating with others
- Experience in conducting user surveys preferred
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Community Manager role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- A final interview with several team members
In the US, the base salary for this role is between $79,000 and $95,000+, depending on skills and experience. Total compensation for this role consists of base salary and a quarterly bonus plan. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.