This is a six-month contract for a part-time position (maximum 20 hours a week).
The Community Manager supports existing and in development online Community events and spaces with stellar execution skills, a keen attention to detail, clear written and verbal communication, and a passion for experiences that bring people together. This role will support the Head of Online Community in the growth of our online community spaces to foster creator connection, collaboration and development.
The Community Manager works firsthand with the Patreon community in our Official Patreon Creator Community Discord Server, which is operated by Patreon’s Community team with support of community moderators. Patreon’s online community space is a place for creators to go to connect, learn, collaborate and grow together so that more independent creatives can find belonging and inspiration in a community setting. The role will also serve as an attentive listener and conversation starter for creators in online spaces, executing the day-to-day engagement tactics of a daily, weekly, monthly and quarter content calendar to ensure creators are collaborating, learning, and conversing effectively with each other.
What you will do:
- Cultivate Patreon’s creator community - represent Patreon’s Community team with candid and kind communication in online spaces.
- Increase the engagement and quality of our creator communications in online community spaces Expertly navigate community building tactics in our online Community spaces generally, and specifically in helping to build and retain cohorts of program participants, and support community moderator participation and retention.
- Support community programs - provide execution support for existing and in development online Community events and programs.
- Support online community operations - refine operational workflows and document procedure improvements in the scaling of Patreon’s online community management
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2+ years of experience in community management and other community/customer-focused roles and passion for community & community management
- Online community engagement: Representing and fostering a positive community experience in online spaces using Discord and similar tools from the perspective of a moderator or administrator
- Community event & program execution: Supporting events that foster relationships between community members and with the company. Experience with event hosting platforms like Welcome, Zoom, YouTube Live, Discord Stage and Voice channels a plus
- Data-tracking and reporting: Compiling community engagement metrics and streamlining reporting
- Strong sense of empathy: Excellent written and verbal skills, effective at facilitating open and sometimes difficult community/customer conversations with a positive, solutions-oriented outlook
- Organized and detail-oriented: Able to sequence tasks and manage time effectively
- Superfan of creator and internet culture: Direct experience with creators or as a creator is a delightful nice-to-have
Projects you may work on:
- Creating an engagement prompt content calendar with weekly/daily posts to inspire community conversations
- Authoritatively and empathetically enforcing our Discord server rules in day-to-day conversations
- Managing online Q&As with cross-functional Patreon teams and our creator community
- Helping to train community moderators to teach them how to execute community management best practices
- Research and set up for Discord bots and automations
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Community Manager (contract) Application”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org