As part of our strategy to empower members to find and post more amazing money-saving deals to our global online communities, we’ve been piloting a rewards and recognition programme that has shown some extremely positive early results. We are now looking to grow and scale this programme as a crucial part of the roadmap.
“******This position requires occasional travel either in, or to the UK (and sometimes our other Pepper offices in Europe).*******
The qualities we are looking for :
- You have 2-3 years of experience in building highly active member reward programmes in online communities.
- You are able to analyse data and make informed decisions about opportunities, challenges and report outcomes to use rewards for new growth
- You value the importance of creative thinking to surprise and delight our members
- You are familiar with how the commitment curve is evolving and how cohorts both exist and move through the funnel.
- You are familiar with Gamification principles, both the positives and potential pitfalls
- You have a desire to constantly bring new learnings and expertise from thought leaders into the programme.
- Ideally, you have a background in application of social science and psychology to understand what motivates people to join, engage and perform high value actions.
- You are fluent in English
- You are able to frequently travel to the UK to meet with the team
Main role responsibilities and tasks :
We see this as a multi- faceted role that should blend a mix of disciplines and ideas that create a positive impact for and by members in our community.
Reporting to our Head of Community Operations with regular contact and support from our Director of Community, you’ll help support the strategic plan for the community, and will also be comfortable evaluating the cost and return of initiatives to show the wider business clear ROI. It’s entirely likely you’ll be creating and asking for custom campaign dashboards on a regular basis and will look for ways to automate processes and actions.
Rewards & Recognition Roadmap
- Identify and prioritise campaigns and initiatives through data and insight
- Align objectives with the departmental and company strategic goals
- Identify opportunities across departments to ensure initiatives have maximum impact
- Help develop our gamification strategy, specifically how both incentivised and non-incentivised mechanisms can be best leveraged to motivate members
- Identify short and long term goals that fit together to complete a complete ecosystem of member rewards over time
- Constantly challenge and optimise the roadmap based on learnings
- Be able to assess every initiative from a cost perspective; what do we need to consider when evaluating success and how do we communicate this back to the group
- Evaluate the potential for a scalable points based user reward system for future scaling
Data & Insight
- Optimise our existing tools and dashboards to ensure data and insight is reliable, clear and meets our objectives
- Produce regular, engaging and informative reports on the progress of the rewards programme that can be shared both with the community team, and the wider business
- Work closely with our Head of Community Data and Insights to create new data points (both dashboards and learnings) that are required to support new initiatives
Automation & Process
- Ensure campaigns are properly documented and evaluated so they can be reused or adapted for efficiency
- Identify ways to use automation and technology to save time, improve outcomes and help maximise the resources available for maximum impact
- Recycle and reuse. Where can we leverage existing technologies and flows in other areas for new initiatives.
Learnings & Knowledge
- Constantly bring new thought leadership and examples into the group around rewards, recognition, gamification and associated topics
- Create a constantly updated resource (Wiki, for example) of this learning and use it to help us establish best practices in this area
- Be comfortable to suggest and deliver opportunities (Webinars, for example) to educate the wider community team and business on learnings and programme initiatives
External Expertise & Brand Awareness
- Work with the senior management team to position the community team at group as a thought leader outside of our walls for this topic area
- Identify opportunities to shout about the work we’re doing in this area in both the community space and wider
- Attend and speak at events, create podcasts and appear in the media, work with our wider team to become a recognised expert in rewards and recognition
- Bring this experience and learning back into group and share our successes with our community
To apply for this job please visit pepper.bamboohr.com.