Online Community Strategist and Manager – Contractor Position
Website Context Partners
We’re seeking an ambitious community leader with proven online community management expertise, and a passion for digital engagement, equity, and higher education, to join our team as a full-time contractor.
You have the ability to communicate and are at ease working with staff level clients and C-level executives and feel at home in a corporate setting as well as the philanthropic world. You are an intuitive listener and are always thinking about what’s possible. You have a drive to work on social issues, particularly as related to the national education system. You are great at connecting with individuals and capable of stepping back and understanding the community as a whole, and/or larger network. You aren’t after the spotlight, but instead work diligently behind the scenes to make sure the community is engaged.
You thrive in ambiguity and understand that networks are essential to creating social impact and achieving business goals. You can work independently as well as in a team environment; you are creative, but understand the importance of assessment and measurement. You are highly capable of “rapid fire” problem solving.
You have the ability to change gears multiple times throughout the day for multiple projects and deadlines. You can laugh at both yourself and any day-to-day craziness. If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you!
- Build trust among client staff
- Advise clients on strategy, technique and messaging regarding community cultivation and mobilization
- Design and implement community engagement strategy, managing close alignment and integration with the community-centered design process
- Build positive relationships with key community members to increase their contribution and gain support for community initiatives
- Cultivate a sense of community amongst active community members
- Train and support other community managers and moderators to drive, deepen, and scale community engagement
- Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the executive team
- Develop relevant, compelling content for the community and manage a content calendar
- Identify community thresholds for content and conversation
- Develop long-term community goals and translate them into day-to-day communications, work plans, and action items
- Develop clear monthly metrics reports; include insights and recommendations for measuring the value and impact of the community
- Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in community activity
- Plan and execute design thinking events—managing a team of creative and operations consultants
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5-8 years of Marketing, Communications, Events Design, Community Engagement Strategy or Community Management
- Experience managing online communities required
- Highly adaptable with an enthusiastic approach to generating many ideas, pivoting quickly to drive forward strategy in an ever-changing environment
- Highly creative with expansive thinking, yet grounded in practical solutions that solve for short-term and long-term challenges
- Seasoned facilitator/presenter
- Experience convening collaborative events for high profile, influential people
- Experience with online communities technology and processes to support engagement and relationship management
- Experience in relationship, donor or account management
- Experience in one or more of the following: design thinking, experience design, visual facilitation, brand or marketing strategy
- Excellent and persuasive communicator in a variety of formats: written & spoken; in person and online; one-on-one and in a group setting.
- Strong understanding of philanthropic and corporate sectors
- Passionate about higher education and equity
- Works well with a team to deliver on tight timelines
- Effective implementer
- Willingness to travel ~25%
- Good sense of humor
Context Partners guides brands and causes to increase engagement with their most valuable audiences. With an approach grounded in Community Centered Design, we believe the people closest to a problem have the best solution, and we identify and reward the most active, connected and committed relationships within your community. We’ve strengthened millions of relationships for Microsoft, Rockefeller Foundation, Packard Foundation and Ikea, among others. Our work has been featured in Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, Forbes and Rotman Management Magazine.
Teammates at Context Partners are bright, witty and flexible. We leave our egos at the door in order to hone our craft and serve our clients. We genuinely enjoy each other’s company and we push each other to be our best selves professionally. We’re proud to be a certified B Corporation.
How to Apply
In order to be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter please address in 350 words or less: “Why are you uniquely qualified for this position?”
Candidates who seem to be a good potential fit will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed until filled.
Context Partners strives to build a team that reflects the diversity of our community. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, people identifying as LGBTI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=02257b4d-90a1-4392-b499-5d2655222cc4&jobId=11585&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001 →