DCG’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system. We build and support blockchain companies by leveraging our insights, network, and access to capital. DCG provides the foundation upon which great companies are built, and to date, we have invested in more than 140 companies in 30+ countries around the world.
The Platform Manager position is a rare and exciting opportunity to further that mission. We’re looking for a motivated, creative, and organized builder to join DCG’s post-investment team. Working closely with the VP of Network, the Platform Manager will contribute to strategy and drive execution of initiatives that foster collaboration and knowledge-sharing across a world-class network of entrepreneurs.
Candidate Must Haves:
- 2+ years professional experience working with or at early stage technology companies. Experience in community, marketing, product, or business development roles is particularly relevant.
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude.
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful.
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination.
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency.
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback.
- Demonstrated commitment to building strong communities and/or to helping companies grow.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
Candidate Nice to Haves:
- Is passionate about technology and interested in bitcoin, blockchain, and entrepreneurship.
- Has a strong understanding of what a vibrant community looks like and a knack for enabling meaningful discussions online and in-person.
- Brings alternative perspectives, life experiences, and interests to our team — we embrace difference in our workplace and encourage marginalized candidates (such as women, LGBTQ+ friends, and people of color) to apply.
- Described by others as socially fearless and naturally gifted at connecting people.
- Is digitally savvy and cares about design and experience.
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch, Splash, Wix, Eventbrite, Mailchimp.
- Plan and execute programming that facilitates knowledge transfer and collaboration between our portfolio companies and network. This includes coordinating monthly virtual events, in-person events, and supporting the VP of Network with planning and hosting the annual Founders Summit.
- Help produce playbooks, templates, how-to-guides, and reference materials for the use of our portfolio companies and team.
- Support the process of tracking performance and engagement of companies in the DCG portfolio. This includes participating in calls and meetings with founders, documenting and circulating updates to the Investments Team, updating information in CRM and portfolio dashboard, and preparing materials for quarterly and annual portfolio reviews.
- Moderate discussion forums, model and uphold community guidelines, and serve as administrator of DCG Slack, Google Group, and Commons — our custom community platform.
- Compile and draft recurring content being produced by DCG (i.e. our Founder Feature series on Medium and monthly portfolio newsletter).
- Assist DCG branding efforts through collaboration with the VP of Network and VP of Public Affairs.
- Maintain and regularly update company website, jobs board, and informational decks.
How to Apply
This is a full-time role based in New York City. To apply, please submit an application here: https://forms.gle/H3KHPeEXa2qbu7Cv8
Deadline to apply is MONDAY, JULY 1. We are reviewing applications and conducting interviews on a rolling basis — so please act quickly if you are interested!
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.