Good Party is looking for a full-time, remote Community Manager. The Community Manager will launch and steward our online Discord space plus lead programs to turn interested individuals into engaged community members and active volunteers who collectively unlock our mission.
About Good Party:
Good Party is a startup political organization. Our mission is to make people matter more than money in politics.
At Good Party, we help real people run winning campaigns based on good ideas. We connect our supporters to these Good Candidates who will truly represent us in office.
Americans are losing faith in democracy – especially young people. The rigged, two party system has turned Independent into a dirty word to make voters trapped between voting for the lesser of two evils or wasting their vote on an alternative. Whether you’re concerned about the climate, privacy, inequality, or our individual freedoms, solutions are held back by the dark doom-loop of dysfunctional partisan politics.
We recognize that Independent and 3rd party candidates lack the resources to be viable against Republicans and Democrats, even though a majority of Americans are Independent. In fact, a majority of eligible voters (over 130M Americans), including more than half of Millennials and Gen Z, say that neither Republicans, nor Democrats represent them…but they keep getting elected!
Good Party’s solution is to provide candidates who take our pledge with cutting-edge tech tools to win, without selling out to the Democrats or Republicans. We are building a community to end the corrupt two party system and then harnessing that community’s collective power to elect the most promising independents around the country. By leveraging social media and creators, we’re making our mission to make people matter more than money mainstream.
Good Party is founded by serial entrepreneur, Farhad Mohit, with over $1B in exits — Flipagram (now TikTok), Shopzilla, and BizRate.
Why you should work at Good Party:
- Join us in solving the biggest problem of our time – fixing our democracy – so all other problems can be solved
- We’re a Public Benefit Corporation that prioritizes social impact over profit
- Innovative Bitcoin denominated deferred bonus plan, allowing you to have the amazing upside of being in a startup while working on a truly meaningful mission
- Work where and how you like, on a fully remote team spread across the country
- Join a passionate team with diverse political views focused on one mission
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- We encourage you to take time off to recharge and have an unlimited PTO (sick and vacation) policy. This is a marathon, not a sprint. We believe a work-life balance is needed to get there.
- We’ll make sure you’ve got what you need to work remotely through our workspace setup stipend
- If you work from home, we give $50/month to help with your internet and other expenses. If you prefer co-working, that’s an option we can discuss too.
- Fully funded for our mission. No stressing over whether the next round of funding will come through. Focus on making an impact. That’s what matters here.
What you’ll do:
- Launch, scale, oversee and head up moderation for Good Party’s Discord server. Create a welcoming and engaging community for independent voters and candidates across diverse political perspectives.
- Build relationships with community members, supporting them to become strong Discord contributors and Good Party volunteers who collectively set a good cultural direction for our online space and movement
- Create and execute strategies for growing and scaling Good Party’s online community, utilizing best practices in community management and engagement
- Communicate with potential community members via social media (currently 75k+ TikTok followers, 1k+ Instagram followers), responding to direct messages and directing traffic to other team members as needed
- Recruit and retain volunteers for Good Party and supported candidates. Train volunteers’ capacities via Discord and our other online platforms.
- Develop and implement training, skill shares, and online activations for community members, coordinating their outputs to ensure high-quality delivery
- Measure and report on the success of these engagement channels from the viewpoint of both our users and the organization
- Work closely with Good Party’s team to identify areas for improvement and implement changes to enhance the community and volunteer experience. Leverage Discord bots and AI tools to make your job easier and the community stronger.
- Report to Head of Field & Mobilization as early team member
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re up for the audacious challenge of transforming our democracy for Good
- You love building relationships, chatting with people most of the day, and stimulating engaging discussions that keep people coming back for more
- You’re an active Discord user and/or server admin with scaling experience from when a server was new or in its early days
- You're motivated to support Good candidates and build a diverse community (across political ideologies, identities, and locations), whether it's due to your strong interest, past volunteer work, or previous experience in related fields
- You’ve got 2+ years of experience in online community management (paid or unpaid), with a proven track record of growing and scaling online and/or IRL communities
- You naturally notice opportunities to empower people. You enjoy figuring out the best way to effectively plug someone in and asking if they’ll participate or volunteer. You lean toward decentralization, with good judgment around what needs to be top-down and what doesn’t.
- You’re a memorable speaker, writer, and casual online chatter. You’re great at writing effective messages, emails, and texts to engage the community. You can plan, create materials for, and run fun trainings.
- You’re highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities, and respond to direct messages in a timely manner
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as Communications, Marketing, or Political Science
- You thrive working at startup speed. Our solution is desperately needed and the issues of our time are all bottlenecked by our corrupted democracy.
- You align with our team’s values: We Are – Honest, open, and mission-driven. We Believe – People are Good. We Create – Results that inspire and grow our movement. We Love – Freedom and owning responsibility for all that we do. We Party – Together with a purpose!
- You’ve worked in a startup or other fast-paced, dynamic organization
- You have experience studying, working, or volunteering in politics, political activism, or democracy reform
- You’re familiar with remote call/text programs
- You’re familiar with Hubspot or similar CRM tools
- You’re sick of sitting on the sidelines watching our democracy fail to meet its potential
The salary range is $50,000 - $75,000 (commensurate with experience) for this remote, full-time position with excellent benefits. We reserve the right to modify this pay range at any time. We are not considering candidates currently based outside of the US, so please only apply if you are physically located in the US. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our roles at this time.
Apply or spread the word:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization dedicated to making people matter more than money in our democracy. If you have a passion for community building and engagement and are excited about Good Party, we hope you'll apply!
You can also keep up with the latest by signing up at GoodParty.org. If you know anyone else who may be interested, please share this job posting – thanks!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.