Head of Events & Community
Our mission at Emergence Capital is to help build the next generation of companies that change the way the world works. We focus on investing in early-stage enterprise startups — and have backed the likes of Salesforce, Zoom, Veeva Systems, Box, Yammer, and others.
We’re looking to bring on a Heads of Events & Community to our team. You’ll work directly with Viviana Faga, our Operating Partner, to strengthen and build the Emergence community. Viv previously served as the VP of Marketing at Yammer. After Yammer’s $1.2B acquisition by Microsoft, she became Microsoft’s head of marketing for enterprise social (Office 365, Skype, and Lync). She also spent six years at Salesforce, two years as the VP of Marketing at Platfora (now Workday), and one year as the CMO of Zenefits.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to work closely with our team and community of founders, designing and executing events to deliver extraordinary experiences to founders. The role balances community management skills and sharp execution. You’ll spend time in both our San Mateo and San Francisco offices.
- Own and lead the development, creation, and management of Emergence’s community strategy from conception to execution.
- Work with Emergence GPs, portfolio founders, and our greater network to grow and engage our community with hosted dinners, speaking series, and various events.
- Lead the planning and executions of all major internal events, including holiday parties, GTM events, weekly/monthly happy hours, and large scale offsites.
- Analyze, develop and track budgets for events and other community initiatives.
- Run venue/vendor contract negotiations and relationships.
- Analyze and track event attendance, performance data and metrics.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Viv, our GPs, and the rest of our team to engage directly with and grow our portfolio of founders, operators, and co-investors.
- Behind-the-scenes work managing invitations and RSVPs, finding and diligencing venues, working with vendors, keeping track of schedules and budgets, drafting correspondence, following up, etc.
What you’ll get out of this position:
- Key insights into how early-stage venture funds build communities with events at scale.
- Grow your network of relationships with entrepreneurs, executives at Emergence portfolios companies, and the GP’s respective networks.
Who we’re looking for:
We’ve seen a variety of backgrounds perform well in this role. Some examples of profiles we think could be great:
- An events manager who keeps the trains running on time with little oversight, using imagination and drive to surprise and delight our guests.
- A community manager with strong organizational skills who enjoys building delightfully creative in-person and online experiences.
- A generalist with a penchant for learning new things and a passion for tech, adept at building and fostering digital communities in the tech ecosystem.
We believe the strength of our team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
You might be a good fit if:
- You’re addicted to exploring new restaurants, concerts, and events around the city.
- You’re fascinated by technology and how today’s entrepreneurs are collaborating to shape the future.
- You’re excited about immersing yourself in the ecosystem.
- You don’t necessarily need deep knowledge of the venture capital industry, but you should be excited about the field and eager to learn the ecosystem quickly.
- You’re laser focused on execution with the aim to get things done.
- You’re deeply organized, detail-oriented and reliable above all else.
- You’re a great teammate with a low ego who is self motivated and takes initiative.
- You have the polish and presence to regularly interact with CEOs, founders and entrepreneurs.
If this sounds like you, and you have at least 5–10 years of work experience, we’d love to hear from you.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a rolling basis.
At Emergence, we value resourcefulness, diversity, team play, excellence, and hustle. We believe in the importance of an inclusive and diverse team. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, orientations and backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://airtable.com/shru6RP6Pc1iwKiFr →