Educator Community Manager
We are looking for an experienced Educator Community Manager to activate and engage our wonderful community of educators through our Master Teacher ambassador program, engagement programs, classroom reading challenges, industry conferences, on social media and beyond. This person will act as a primary voice of and advocate for educators internally, and must have experience communicating with, connecting with, and engaging K-5 educators and kids in the classroom.
- Develop, implement and execute a strategy to engage our incredible community of educators and kids in the classroom
- Create and execute plan to grow educator awareness and engagement via social media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Manage and grow our Master Teacher ambassador program
- Conceptualize, create and execute key strategic engagement programs to drive engagement and word of mouth within the educator community; such as reading challenges, surprise and delight programs, etc.
- Identify key educator needs and product use cases to accelerate onboarding and help prioritize feature development for educators
- Measure and optimize the growth and impact of Epic!’s use in the classroom. Analyze campaigns and projects based on key metrics, updating dashboards and communicating back to the broader team
- Plan and represent Epic! at select educator (librarian and teacher-focused) conferences
- A strong passion for Epic!’s mission
- 2-5 years of driving educator engagement and community for a consumer or edtech company
- Experience as a teacher in a K-5 classroom (preferred)
- Proven strategic thinking ability, supported by past professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to execute on goals and drive measurable growth
Strong organizational skills and ability to balance tactical and strategic activities
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including ability to effectively communicate internally, and engage our audience in a consistent brand voice
- Strong attention to detail
- Self starter with strong coordination, organization, interpersonal, planning, communication and multi-tasking skills. Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Willingness to pitch in where needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
Epic! (www.getepic.com) is a leading digital media brand for kids, bringing unlimited reading and learning to millions of children in homes and in schools. Used in 87% of U.S. elementary schools, Epic!’s award-winning subscription-based platform encourages kids to explore their interests and learn in a fun, safe, kid-friendly environment.
Partnerships with 250 leading publishers such as HarperCollins, Macmillan, National Geographic Kids and Smithsonian bring an unparalleled selection of 25,000 high-quality books and videos to kids in the U.S. and around the world.
Epic! is a rapidly-growing, venture-backed startup located in beautiful Redwood City, with great restaurants and gourmet coffee shops nearby. Parking is easy, and our office is only a short walk from Caltrain. We’re a small but mighty team; all passionate about what we’re building. Our team includes alums from YouTube, Google, Disney, Crowdstar, Kiwi Crate, Goldman Sachs, Random House and Amazon. We have the support of top-tier investors and veterans of the children’s publishing industry; and have been featured in the press by Forbes, Parenting, Techcrunch, USA Today, The TODAY Show, Good Morning America and Publishers Weekly.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to [email protected] with “Educator Community Manager” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please mention one teacher-focused community you think is particularly vibrant and healthy, along with why you believe you are a fit for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com