Do you love creating content that informs, inspires, connects, and empowers community members? Do you have a passion for communicating about the success and value of addressing community member questions, issues, and suggestions? Do you thrive in ambiguity, love to experiment, and recognize that creating community content isn’t about broadcasting messages, but starting a meaningful dialogue, building relationships, and encouraging positive action with the community? Be part of a team that’s creating the digital destination for the worldwide GIS community to find support, share successes, and call home.
- Work with community team to develop and execute overall community strategy.
- Own the execution of the content strategy to grow community engagement, awareness, and adoption.
- Create and manage community editorial content calendar and assist in coordinating community content events, such as live chats and content training sessions for stakeholders.
- Plan, write, curate, edit, and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly content (written copy, videos, photos) about the community including member success stories, how-to tips, and the coverage of live and hosted online events such as live chats, live blogging, and daily updates.
- Generate regular analytic reports to measure the success and impact of content.
- Develop marketing content and campaigns to promote GeoNet to current and new members including the creation of designs, images, videos, graphics, logos, call to action banners; use SEO strategies to optimize content engagement.
- Contribute ideas and execute improvements to the community design and user experience.
- Provide backup support to the community manager as needed.
- Attend internal content meetings and provide feedback to community team.
- Partner with social media, web, and other internal teams to integrate community content strategy within all aspects of the organization and customer experience.
- Maintain knowledge of community content tools; stay current on community content trends and best practices.
- 2+ years of marketing, communications, or community management experience.
- 2+ years of experience creating content for communities or online programs.
- Excellent communicator in a variety of formats: written, verbal, in person, and online.
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class content and user experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more major community platforms or social business software (Jive, Yammer, Lithium, Salesforce, SharePoint).
- Aptitude for system and business process integration that may enhance community and collaboration experiences.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop; Camtasia Studio; and Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of multiple sectors (e.g., private, public, non-profit).
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s in marketing, business, or related field.
- Familiarity of GIS and Esri software.
- Experience creating and updating HTML components.
- Knowledge of applying gamification principles to guide human behavior.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.