Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely - and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn't work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions - to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we've embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we're a partner to sellers of all sizes - large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We're building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square's Customer Empowerment team brings our sellers to the table with legendary experiences that empower entrepreneurial growth and connection. We believe some of the best ideas and strategies for growing a business come directly from our small business community and work tirelessly to elevate them internally and externally. With this in mind, we are committed to turning our seller's questions into commerce and in making big business ideas every business' reality.
As the Global Head of Square's Seller Community, you will help us fulfill our mission by establishing a space where business owners from around the world can come together to share ideas, ask questions, solve challenges, and elevate the role of small business owners in our economy. You'll help work towards our vision by growing the Seller Community program into a thriving online and offline platform to support small business growth on a global scale.
In this role, you will:
- Own the overall strategy for the Seller Community, and be accountable to its growth and success through measurable KPIs and qualitative feedback. This includes a best-in-class top contributor program and offline events strategy, though we expect you'll bring your own perspective and expertise, too.
- Lead our talented team of Community Managers in their work, regularly offering coaching and advice to help them grow their careers in the community industry.
- Evangelize the community internally, working to increase internal adoption and to raise the overall visibility of the program by working closely with our global, cross-functional partner teams.
- Partner closely with our Government Relations and Experiential Marketing teams to support local events, bringing the offline conversation and real-world connections into the digital realm.
- Own relationships with our third-party partners, and offer strategic oversight and guidance on the way we design and build our platform.
- Be willing to break the rules. 😉 Scalable CS regularly challenges all team members to think differently, and find a better way to solve problems. We move quickly, and we work with intensity.
- 7+ years work experience in the online community/ customer engagement space, with at least 5+ years experience leading globally distributed teams at large organizations.
- Experience managing and allocating design and engineering resources. Ability to set technical priorities and see through to completion. Experience working with third-party design and engineering agencies is okay.
- Demonstrated ability to take company / organizational objectives, distill them down into a compelling vision that transforms a business' Community into a differentiator, then setting the path towards successfully executing against that vision over long periods of time.
- Masterful program manager with a keen eye for prioritization and continuous optimization. You have the ability to discern the urgency and importance of work. You seek out creative ways to leverage the full potential of our existing tools, and advocate for novel solutions.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to clearly and concisely communicate an idea, or overall project/ program status to gain buy-in from senior executives for key initiatives, new and existing..
- Strong emotional intelligence, that's balanced by a data-backed, solution-oriented mindset. You're able to gather quantitative and qualitative data, and distill it into thoughtful opportunity areas and recommended solutions that have clear scope and deliverables… all without getting caught up in the emotion of the commentary.
- A proactive nature, a sense of urgency, and a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond to meet the needs of the community.
- Expert knowledge with the following tools: Khoros (fka: Lithium), Asana, Salesforce, Looker
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.