The Leadership Network Associate at the Obama Foundation functions as a key member of the Global Programs Team and reports to the Global Network Lead. You’ll be responsible for specific programmatic components and activities related to the Obama Foundation’s Leadership Network, the growing community of Leaders, Scholars, and other leadership program alumni. As part of this effort, you will work in close conjunction with the Network Lead and other Global Programs colleagues to support continued upskilling and community-building opportunities for program alumni. You will also serve as a member of the Global Programs team’s Strategic Operations group, working closely with other program Associates to coordinate and streamline operations-related planning and implementation across the Global Programs Team and the Foundation as a whole.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Programming and Event Support: Assist the Network Lead with developing and implementing programs. Manage strategic operations for all program sessions and events, including scheduling, technology set-up and support, liaising with external speakers and preparing session materials. Work in close conjunction with Network Lead and other internal stakeholders to draft and/or edit all program communications. Serve as a liaison to program participants. Analyze and track quantitative data trends related to the program such as impact measurement, attendance records, etc
- Online Community: Manage database and the online community for leadership program alumni, including onboarding, troubleshooting, and posting content. Maintain an overall sense of who is in the Network in order to share with others when opportunities present themselves. Track and manage requests from Network members. As time allows, provide individual connections and support. Ensure Network members feel cared for and that they have a “home” at the Foundation.
- External Partnerships and Vendor Management: Assist in partnership management and ensure that operations support regarding multiple partnerships for various program and event elements are completed in a timely manner, including contracting and MOUs, uploading contacts in Salesforce, reconciling budgets, coordinating programmatic activities and events, and updating related documents.
- Stakeholder Communications: Contribute to communications materials for the general public and to development reporting for funders, board, and the Foundation’s Creative and Communications team. Collect program participant impact stories, interview program participants for teams to highlight for stakeholders, and assist with updating the program presence for Obama.org and other digital platforms.
- Other Duties: Perform as assigned.
Key Deliverables / Outcomes
- Influence and implement programming that lifts emerging leaders
- Support implementation of the Network 5-year strategy and budget
- Maintain database platform, program activities calendar, and planning schedule
- Demonstrated experience leading or supporting social impact or leadership programs. Demonstrated experience utilizing inclusion and equity lenses to achieve mission or program objectives.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple partners and collaborators to execute high-level events and program activities.
- Demonstrated experience developing content for and leading high-level in-person and online events.
- Strong communications skills: verbal, written, team collaboration, and use of digital media tools. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to foster trusting relationships with program participants of all backgrounds.
- Demonstrated project management and organizing skills, including budget, contract, and network management as well as event planning and coordination.
To apply for this job please visit www.obama.org.