Global Community Manager
The Global Community Manager will drive the strategy and management of the Grabr voice on all social media platforms and several forums, manage ambassador programs and support local events.
The north star of this role is to motivate brand advocacy from every member, hailing from 178 countries and counting, by ensuring they are empowered with the education, inspiration and direct contact resources they need to make money every time they travel, or shop the world’s best products from abroad.
You will serve on the front lines of communication with our members and translate insights to our team that will shape the way we build and prioritize moving forward.
An ideal candidate comes from an in-house social media team and is ready to take on more responsibility and leadership, or is a community manager in an agency managing multiple clients who wants to dive deeper into one product. Proven success of award-winning campaigns and strong experience with international audiences is a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- +Create and execute strategic marketing plans for how to measurably bolster community through our two-way communication channels
- +Maintain a cohesive brand identity and voice across all existing and new channels
- +Be the voice of community to our team internally, prioritizing and championing insights to shape the way we build
- +Nurture and develop the Grabr Traveler Lounge as a go-to-resource for Grabr travelers to share best practices and inspiring travel tips – member approvals, welcome threads, weekly topics and replying to questions regularly
- +Nurture and develop localized country forums for Grabr shoppers to connect with each other and address questions or opportunities within their community
- +Maintain a proactive content calendar for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and emerging channels – sharing community stories, campaigns, product and company updates weekly
- +Maintain an updated Global Holidays and Events calendar and create campaigns and content specific to regional celebrations
- +Manage any and all relationships involved in social media or forum content creation – design team, creative agencies, interns, support team, etc.
- +Work with Customer Service team to ensure that all social media and forum comments receive a reply within 12 hours or less
- +Engage on Grabr’s behalf in relevant online and offline chats, forums, newsfeeds, events and conferences
- +Develop and manage Grabr’s Campus Brand Ambassador program
- +Support the organization of quarterly Community Meetups in key markets
- +Support efforts to motivate users to regularly share photos and videos of their Grabr experiences online
- +Report weekly, monthly and quarterly on Community Engagement across all channels
- +Keep team up-to-date on opportunities in the ever-changing social media landscape
- +Motivate brand advocacy in all interactions
YOU SHOULD BE:
- +Experienced in managing and moderating online communities and in person events, ideally with international communities – 3-5 years at minimum
- +A heavy Social Media user (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter)
- +Obsessively organized with the ability to prioritize projects, create program schedules and stick to deadlines
- +Enthusiastic about Grabr’s mission to provide access to global products and travel to people everywhere
- +Enthusiastic about the opportunity to travel to Buenos Aires, São Paulo and other LATAM destinations to meet our community face-to-face and support events
- +A natural connector and community builder
- +Data-driven and ready to champion community from a metrics-based perspective
- +Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese, in addition to English
We’d love to hear from you. Your application will go directly to Christina Morgan (linkedin.com/in/christinaleighmorgan) who leads marketing. Please send a thoughtful message about why you’d like to work with us. We will try our hardest to reply to every candidate. Messages with specific illustrations of why you are a good fit will get fastest response.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com