We empower, connect and educate the global cannabis community.
Growers Network (www.growersnetwork.org) is hiring a new Community Manager to join our Tucson, AZ-based software company. Growers Network is a global community for cannabis growers. Our members think of us like the LinkedIn of cannabis, but better. We are a team of hard-working individuals who are looking for people to grow with us. We have a startup vibe with a relaxed atmosphere where you can wear anything you want and be yourself. Our office is an open floor plan with standing and sitting desks. We work in a dynamic environment conducive to openness in experimenting and trying new ideas.
You will be managing and moderating our public community for hobbyist cannabis growers. This position is about maintaining positive, professional relationships in the cannabis industry. Since we connect cannabis growers together, your goal will be to facilitate and encourage communication between all the different aspects of the cannabis industry, from cultivation to processing to packaging to service providers and many, many more. The position is full-time and located in person at our Tucson, AZ office.
Success in this role is dependent upon your ability and willingness to learn about the members within our community. Community managers need to be able to quickly invite members into conversations that are relevant to their expertise and interests. Recording what you learn about each member in our CRM (Salesforce) is also required in this role.
Experience and Education Requirements
Minimum 5 years of combined knowledge and experience with:
- Growing plants, specifically cannabis.
- Managing and moderating online communities.
- Writing long-form content.
- Must be able to type 45 WPM or faster.
- Must have high emotional intelligence for interacting with forum community members and our internal team.
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis industry.
- Degree in botany or related degree and/or communications or related degree.
- Strong familiarity with the following softwares.
- Google Apps (docs, gmail, sheets, etc.).
- Ability to work in both cross-functional teams and autonomously.
- Can manage their work independently with minimal supervision and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, and see a project from start to finish with minimal to no supervision.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software platforms as necessary.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment or within the cannabis industry is a strong plus.
Responsibilities – Content
Writing original content, that includes:
- Deep dive interviews with members on their grow operation set up.
- Questions during AMAs (Ask Me Anything).
- Contests and other member competitions.
- Blog articles on cultivation related topics.
- Sharing relevant agricultural and cannabis research, white papers, and topical news articles.
- Posting starter questions to get the conversation going.
- Welcoming new members in the Introduce Yourself topic.
- Ping relevant community members for answers to questions.
- Collaboration with the marketing, PR, and communications departments to ensure strategic alignment in brand and community spirit.
- Expand our community and boost brand awareness through events and other creative marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities – Community Management
- Managing and moderating content within topical categories (e.g. Lighting, Nutrients, etc).
- Launch and manage our new regional groups functionality.
- Power user outreach + referral program.
- Design, develop, launch and track surveys, polls, and infographics.
- Creating new categories and subcategories as needed through our forum software.
- Recurring tasks for new members, including granting badges, groups and sending welcome messages.
- Work with development, creative and sales departments, keeping abreast of new products and features.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals, Vetted Partners, and journalists in a fruitful way.
- Attend trade shows to meet and greet with current and prospective members.
- Any other community related tasks that arise.
Responsibilities – Community Moderation
- Moderating users within the community.
- Messaging two parties that are arguing with each other.
- Reviewing flagged posts.
- Monitoring potential trouble members PMs.
- Merging or splitting topics as needed to clean up the forum.
- Moderating our private categories for vetted partners.
- Manage public comments and queries in a timely, engaging manner, always promoting and referring back to our forum.
- # of new users that sign up (growth rate)
- # of daily active users
- # of topics created
- # of posts created
- Membership engagement rate
- And more!
We offer full health insurance through United Healthcare (you don’t pay anything out of pocket–we cover 100%), dental/vision is an optional add-on (approximately $20/mo if you desire it). Other add-on benefits are available.
Market competitive salary. Exact compensation amount will be determined based on qualifications, with room for negotiation.
Send [email protected] your resume and responses to the following questions:
- Why you are interested in Growers Network?
- Why you are passionate about this role specifically?
- What is your experience with growing cannabis?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com