Nextdoor’s mission is to leverage the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods everywhere. Over 190,000 neighborhoods across the U.S. now use to Nextdoor to publicize local events, find lost pets, recommend local service providers, give away or sell household items they no longer need, share information about neighborhood safety, and discuss local issues.
Nextdoor’s success is partly a function of our ability to find local leaders to start Nextdoor neighborhoods, invite their neighbors, welcome new members, encourage interesting conversations and the use of different features, moderate discussions to keep them civil, keep Nextdoor organized, and lead initiatives to make their communities better places to live.
As a Senior Community Manager, you will be responsible for developing systems and communities to recruit, train, guide, and inspire these local leaders. You will help improve our systems for selecting these Leads develop training programs to enable them be effective as possible, create and execute a communication strategy to encourage and inspire them, and manage communities (online and potentially offline as well) to support them.
Nextdoor offers a unique opportunity to recruit, train, motive, and support local leaders at scale. If you are the right person to help lead such an effort, we would like to hear from you about this role.
- Work with the Product Team to develop systems for identifying, recruiting, and selecting Leads
- Help develop of a scalable training system for Leads
- Help develop and execute a communication strategy for Leads
- Manage Nextdoor’s online community for Leads
- Pilot programs designed to offer peer support for Leads at the local level
- Track and report the impact of these programs and leverage the results to drive strategy
- Represent the needs of Leads within the company
- A passion for building community, both online and in the real world
- Experience in product or community management, preferably in a consumer technology company
- Excellent communicator with experience presenting to management
- A results-driven mentality: making data driven decisions is second nature
- Experience managing a vibrant online communities a plus
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, or other data analytics tools a plus
- Experience designing and managing volunteer programs a plus
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Free catered dinners Monday through Thursday and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Monthly gym stipend
- One time cell phone & headphone stipend
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Two paid volunteer days off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks and candy
- La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
- Health FSA
- 401K plan
To apply for this job please visit about.nextdoor.com.