Senior Community Director
Job description, low-code style:
As the #1 low-code platform, OutSystems provides customers with everything they need to build apps incredibly fast. So let’s cut to the chase. We’re looking for a world-class Senior Community Director to lead our global community of developers.
The longer story:
Developers love OutSystems. Our global community is passionate, skilled, and ambitious. And now we need a world-class community professional to chart the community’s course over the coming years.
The person we’re looking for knows what makes technical communities tick. They can empathize with developers, understand our technology, and create and execute a strategic plan that drives the business and the community forward.
If that’s you, you’ll be joining an established company that is the undisputed leader in its field. We’ll also look to you for leadership as the head of an energized and enthusiastic extended team that combines people from engineering, product management, and the special OutSystems customer developer superstars we call our MVPs.
Here’s what a successful Senior Community Director at OutSystems looks like:
- Formulates and leads the global community strategy that will sustainably grow the community and increase member engagement.
- Gets alignment with multiple internal and external stakeholders (e.g., MVPs, product teams, marketing).
- Leads and manages a team of Community Managers and more than 40 MVPs in the successful execution of the global community strategy.
- Defines the roadmap of programs and initiatives that will support the community strategy. These might be online or offline (e.g., contests, local meetups, super-user programs, events, open-source component sharing, 3rd party events)
- Creates a measurable team strategy that uses a combination of metrics to demonstrate the success of the running programs and to correct the course where necessary.
- Acts as the bridge between OutSystems and the developer community, building relationships with key developers to identify how their needs and those of OutSystems can be mutually served.
- Orchestrates a global developer communication program that keeps developers informed about new and relevant updates like product, docs, events, and more.
- 5+ years of experience in leading online and offline developer communities and global community teams
- Excellent leadership skills with an exceptional ability to deal with multiple projects and priorities, while working in a fast-changing work environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing volunteers from diverse backgrounds and communication styles through multiple channels (email, conferences, meetups, forums).
- Ability to think strategically, collect data, analyze it, and present it to help the team make better decisions
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of managing priorities and being incredibly organized.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills that enable you to be a great listener and extraordinarily empathetic.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to serve our users and show a relentless commitment to making others happy.
- Willingness to be team player, gladly rolling up your sleeves and jumping into any project when we’re “all hands on deck.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org