Senior Community Manager
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we’re working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Patreon is looking for a Senior Community Manager to help us connect with our creators and manage social media with a clear focus on building relationships within the creator community.
- Build the strategy around the best places to practice and build the Patreon community
- Activate word of mouth and creator-to-creator interaction
Outreach to key influencers who are curious about Patreon in key social channels
- Manage community forum (answer questions, pose questions, elevate items to team for review)
- Organize community meetups
- Interact with fans and generate positive feelings with light touches on mentions/launches in social media on key sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Dribble, and Twitch
- Identify community members who may wish to serve as ambassadors for Patreon
- Research active community members and keep them engaged
- Serve as the voice of community in internal conversations
- Serve as the internal point of contact for creator visits
- Showcase creators with our Artist in Residency program in partnership with our Office team
- Surface creators to feature in marketing materials such as blog posts and videos
- Responsible for posting content to ensure key traction and engagement goals are met
- Manage live streams of creator visits or other behind-the-scenes opportunities
- Work closely with Brand Marketing and Content teams on content distribution
- Have a strong pulse for how Patreon appears across social channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Quora, and Instagram and actively manage Patreon’s presence to achieve key marketing objectives
- Monitor social spaces and conversations across social media for Patreon mentions, responding or moving people to email support when needed
Monitoring, Reporting Analytics
- Keep abreast of social conversations around launches
- Help monitor social via tracking tools, conducting analysis on key metrics and sharing that internally, sharing reports regularly
- Monitor hot topics, launches, and elevate emerging/trending conversations and elevate to appropriate internal teams
- Be data-driven in everything from determining community meetup locations as well as best practices for posting, or measuring how to impact engagement
Skills you possess:
- You have 5 – 7 years of marketing experience, with at least 4- 5 in social media and/or community building
- You cherish community and want to engage with our creators
- You’re adept at taking community feedback, internal data, and other marketing metrics to improve your day to day work flow
- You’ve got experience working with teams on external messaging
- You’re great at building relationships internally and externally
- You possess excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- You can juggle multiple projects seamlessly
What you will have the chance to learn:
- This is an opportunity to serve as the voice of creators within Patreon, elevating key product requests, concerns, and celebrations to all of Patreon and learn more about how each creator runs their membership program.
- You’ll learn how to work with product marketing, brand, content, and event functions to help grow community.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://grnh.se/27q3xt461 →