Community Engagement Specialist
Website Project Management Institute
All strategic change in organizations happens through projects. With the amount of disruption and transformation happening in today’s business environment, that means no shortage of opportunity for those who choose a career at Project Management Institute (PMI), the premier global association representing three million project leaders – the professionals who turn ideas into reality. If you have never considered working for an association, check us out and learn why you should change your mind!
How you’ll make a difference
You will be driving the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with our contributors, and developing relationships within PMI that further the concepts of community and collaboration, and explore different possibilities to create commitment from external stakeholders, from ideation to implementation.
Additionally you will be ensuring that we have effective reporting, analytics, dashboard maintenance, identification of SMEs/champions based on established criteria, volunteer recognition, production of content, and development of content plan and calendar, while actively championing the community through ongoing interactions and communications, demonstrating engagement in the community and the ability to drive relevant activities based on user feedback and data.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, marketing communications, English, or other related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- Seven or more years of experience in a communications, familiarity with recognizing current trends in community or content development role. Not-for-profit organization and global expertise desired.
- Extensive knowledge of communications and brand messaging. Able to think critically and strategically about communications programs and apply creative solutions appropriately.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to develop and present business cases, including public speaking and negotiating.
- Strong relationship management skills, including demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff, global customers and partners, volunteers, and external organizations with a track record of positive long term outcome-based relationships
What you’ll get from PMI
- An excellent total compensation package, not just great pay. Benefits include 100% paid medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, up to 20 paid days off a year to start (plus 10 paid holidays) and a 401(k) retirement savings program that matches your contribution (up to 7% of salary).
- The opportunity to grow professionally. We’ll work with you to make the right development choices for your career. The skills you gain will help you to get the most out of your time with us, and make you more marketable in the future.
- The chance to make an impact from day one. As a global organization, we’ll put you on stimulating projects, with people from diverse backgrounds. And if you have a bright idea, we’ll help you develop it.
- A supportive working culture. We’re friendly and inclusive. We work hard and also take time to celebrate our achievements. We have flexible working arrangements and hours, perfect for writers who find their voice in the middle of the night.
If this sounds like you, find out more about PMI and apply today.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/PRO1018PMI/JobBoard/fd975627-b6f3-4604-82c8-020f35755198/?q=&o=postedDateDesc →