About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
IQOQO is defining the future of cloud computing. The vision of IQOQO is to build a simple, flexible and secure cloud computing platform which utilizes the idle time of connected devices available all around us – Airbnb for CPUs. On the road to that vision, IQOQO is providing distributed batch computing services, letting developers focus on their code and data, and not with the plumbing around that.
The team is in search of a Developer Evangelist with a deep passion for Cloud Computing, Distributed computing, edge computing, serverless and similar areas. IQOQO is the next generation of serverless computing. Our mission is to create a simple, secure, scalable computing service based on the following three principles:
Optimize use of existing resources
Grow serverless computing
Today, IQOQO helps data scientists, researchers, and developers infinitely scale their compute power. Additionally, we’re embarking upon a journey to create one of the world’s most powerful edge computing networks. As we continue to grow, we’re looking for like-minded people who want to build something great based on the principles above – will you join us?
“….A developer evangelist is first and foremost a translator. Someone who can explain technology to different audiences to get their support for a certain product or technology. It needs to be someone who is technical but also capable to find the story in a technical message… A good developer evangelist can get techies excited about a product by pointing out the benefits for developers who use the product on an eye-to-eye level….”
We’re looking for a Developer Evangelist to help our core team tell the story about our growing platform. You will work with our product, marketing, design, and engineering teams to make IQOQO a world-class experience.
As a developer evangelist, you may be found serving in any number of different capacities:
- Creating technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific Deep Learning practices and solutions.
- Organizing and volunteering at the local, national, and international developer and maker events.
- Speaking and sharing your expertise at user groups and conferences.
- Educating and empowering developers, giving technical workshops and brown bags.
- Writing production-quality code and contributing to both IQOQO and non-IQOQO open source tools, applications, examples, sales demos and other projects.
- Building partnerships with individuals, companies, and organizations that serve the same communities we do.
- Connecting and networking with other developers and entrepreneurs to identify how IQOQO might help them be even more awesome.
- Gathering and socializing product feedback that will inform engineering, sales, and marketing decision making.
- Supporting our developers wherever they are, on forums, social media, and everywhere in between.
Other skills that are great to bring with you but we can also help you develop include:
- Leadership and service in developer communities.
- Technical writing skills as demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
- Willingness to take the stage is essential for inspiring developers. A developer evangelist needs to deliver presentations that are effective and respectful of an audience’s time and attention.
- Proven work experience for 3+ years as Developer Evangelist / Developer Relations / Developer Advocate.
- Presenting and speaking experience at conferences.
- Building content to an existing and active follower base.
- Solid and diverse engineering skills – If you were writing code full time, you’d be a great performer. You’ve probably maintained a non-trivial project in production and understand the joys and risks involved.
- A knack for teaching technical concepts – Whether as an instructor, mentor, or peer, you’ve discovered that when it comes to teaching the keys to success are empathy, patience, and attention to detail.
- Friendly and approachable – We find these people do well as the teachers and teammates we are looking for.
- Cloud (distributed) computing / serverless – Advantage – Have experience building solutions for heavy computational workloads, in the field of image/video processing, NLP, life sciences, etc. Understanding the needs for solutions in these fields, and the use cases for the classical problems vs. IoT/edge future.
Please include a cover letter along with your resume, describing why you believe you would be a great fit for the team.
Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Kaggle, Personal Blog, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, Deviant Art portfolio, etc.).
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
Product – Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
Venture – Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
Partnerships – Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
M&A – Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org