Team Lead – Community Development
Are you passionate about helping entrepreneurs succeed? Do you enjoy having a diverse set of day-to-day activities? Is travel something you look forward to? Helping lead SendGrid’s world-renowned Accelerate Startup Program may be for YOU!
SendGrid (SEND) is seeking a world-class community developer to lead one of its most important regions – the “America’s”. You will manage a team of 3, located across the US, and will be responsible for the overall success of the region. You will work closely with top global accelerators like Techstars and 500 Startups as well as other key players in the startup ecosystem globally. A key element of your role will be to support their portfolio companies as they build and grow successful businesses through the mentorship you and your team provide. You will share your knowledge of email through workshops and office hours, with the goal of helping startups build and scale their email strategy. You should enjoy travel, as you will be on the road regularly, meeting some of the smartest entrepreneurs, organizing events, and attending some of the most exciting conferences in Tech.
What You’ll Do
- Formulate and lead the strategy for your region and execute against your approved regional plan. Management and responsibility for reporting on the region’s budget and spend metrics, including ROI, IRR and other analysis.
- Lead and manage the regional Community Development Team made up of Community Developers/Developer Evangelists and associates and report to Director and VP on progress against plans.
- Represent SendGrid at startup and developer community activities.
- Act as Company liaison to technology incubators, accelerators and venture capital firms and negotiate short and long term support and sponsorship contracts in region and as assigned.
- Connect startup founders and technology leaders with your team assets and other company resources to help create dynamic and scalable email infrastructure, solve configuration problems and advance the adoption of our technology platform.
- Meet regularly with prospect companies, influential bloggers, and others and act as a “go to” for all things SendGrid.
- Organize and conduct regular get-togethers of Accelerate Startup Program companies, developers, social media followers and other groups to gain influence and propagate our brand.
- Write blogs on interesting companies and individuals, and take part in other company marketing initiatives as required.
- Regular involvement in developer and open source communities. Sponsor, attend and present at meetings, trade shows and conferences to help increase involvement and stay on the cutting edge. Represent the Company’s long history as a consumer, early adopter and ardent supporter of developers and Open Source products and technologies.
- Regularly meet with angel, seed and venture capital investors and investor groups to clearly articulate the value of SendGrid, as well as our platform. Take part in venture and investor forums, meetings and conferences to gain mindshare for SendGrid and act as a resource to the investment community.
- Seek out and discover market opportunities to drive sales of SendGrid products and services. Act as “eyes and ears” in and provide business development and market intelligence information.
- Help to define, develop and implement back-end business systems and technologies to track progress, streamline processes and gauge effectiveness. Gather information and provide direction to cross-functional teams within the organization. Once implemented, continuously refine and advance these systems and technologies for increased agility and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology or a related field plus multiple years of progressively responsible experience in complex high tech companies.
- Experience and strong abilities in managing, tracking and reporting on budget and budgetary activities for the assigned region.
- Proven knowledge and experience in technology, especially within email or infrastructure hosting space – including API’s, servers, storage, security, networking, and operating systems.
- Clear understanding of and experience with tech startups, seed, angel and venture capital funding. Startup leadership experience is a big plus.
- Demonstrated writing skills, with an ability to develop clear, concise written communications; exceptional interpersonal skills. Experience in digital media formats and production a plus.
- Ability to manage diverse projects and priorities involving multiple project owners in a cross-functional environment; strong teaming abilities.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a “get it done” attitude.
- Willingness to travel. You should expect to be on the road multiple times per month.
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 40 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://sendgrid.com/careers/role/1159000/?gh_jid=1159000 →