Kubernetes Security Platform
Reports to VP of Marketing
StackRox is looking for our first Developer Advocate with a mission of building an engaged DevOps community around container and Kubernetes security. This person can help the community understand critical use cases and strategies to address their use cases, and can bring the communities wants and needs back into StackRox to help shape the direction of our platform.
This Developer Advocate can drive a broad range of activities, including educating and influencing customers, sharing technical insights and best practices at industry events, actively participating in the cloud-native community live and online, guiding StackRox product evolution and open source contributions, developing compelling content, and improving the customer experience of the StackRox platform.
Speaking engagements, compelling use cases, strategies to address them, and customer experiences will all provide avenues for building community. Personal traits for a successful Developer Advocate include:
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, delivering against multiple priorities.
- Loves helping business and technical decision makers understand how to operationalize security across their DevOps platforms.
- Enjoys articulating industry insights and lessons learned from the community.
- 8+ years of IT experience as a technical specialist, product manager, or enterprise architect.
- Hands-on experience with the cloud-native stack, including containers and Kubernetes.
- Experience with DevOps practices and tooling across build, deploy and runtime.
- Credibility and recognition in speaking engagements and industry influence – across events such as KubeCon, Re:Invent, DockerCon as well as Meetups and User Group meetings.
- Rich library of published content across a variety of formats including blogs, technical papers, videos, presentations, SIGs, and social posts.
- Experience synthesizing trends in the community and influencing product direction to align with the industry.
- Experience and satisfaction with a mix of collaborative and autonomous work.
- Deep technical knowledge of cloud providers’ container and Kubernetes services, including Amazon EKS, Azure AKS, Google GKE, and Red Hat OpenShift.
- Previous experience in an advocate/evangelist role.
- History of active participation in the open source community.
- Experience designing, building, and operating plans for community outreach and engagement.
- A Bachelor’s degree (computer science preferred); Masters/MBA/PhD degree preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in IT Infrastructure and/or software development.
- Practical experience in cloud architecture and operations.
- Experience supporting executive customer relationships.
StackRox helps enterprises secure their cloud-native applications at scale from container build and deployment through runtime, with focus on Kubernetes. Founded in 2014 the company is led by Kamal Shah – CEO and by Ali Golshan Co-founder & CTO (former Founder & CTO of Cyphort – acquired by Juniper Networks).
StackRox has assembled a team of experts in security, cloud-native infrastructure, and machine learning, including Apple, Google, Amazon, Netflix, Palantir, FireEye, Cisco, and VMware. StackRox enables security and DevOps teams to create visibility, harden infrastructure and detect malicious activity across the entire application development lifecycle.
Partnered with Docker, Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Red Hat, StackRox is the choice of Global 2000 and emerging cloud-native companies and federal government agencies.
To apply for this job please visit www.stackrox.com.