Filmmaker Outreach Community Manager
Website Story & Heart
Driven by Story. Guided by Heart.
Story & Heart is a global network of filmmakers on a mission to help everyone tell amazing stories with video. Academy of Storytellers is our online video school and community that realizes a big part of our vision.
Your mission: Cultivate a welcoming and friendly environment for filmmakers that fosters meaningful connections and collaborations. You’ll work directly with our team of in-house creatives, along with our external community members, to help realize this.
You: People person. Helping others comes naturally. You are as vested in the success of others as you are in your own success. Collaboration is in your DNA. Community and purpose matter to you, so does making the world a better place. You’re courageous, empathetic, and a great listener. At the end of the day, you want to be a part of something very special. Chances are, you also probably enjoy good conversation over delicious coffee and/or tea.
This is mid-level full-time community manager position for the Academy of Storytellers located in Portland, Oregon.
- Dream up and implement creative tactics to engage and delight Academy of Storytellers members throughout their journey, including initiatives that celebrate their contributions and build connections with others
- Develop and help implement community guidelines, new member on-boarding experiences, assistance systems (help center, live chat, etc), and a community ambassador program
- Organize and respond to support tickets to provide members an incredible experience
- Engage with the community and ensure all members are heard, valued, and supported
- Complete data driven analysis on the performance and health of the community
How to Apply:
- Attach your resume and cover letter
- Include examples of relevant work in your cover letter, please elaborate on your own story so we can get to know you better.
- What makes you tick? Why do you love communities? How do you see yourself helping the Academy of Storytellers community grow? Share anything you feel is relevant.
- 3+ years work experience as a community manager
- Experience in building and managing community initiatives
- Familiarity with third party ticket tracking and community management tools
- Proven capacity leading and motivating community members
- Exceptional verbal communication and writing skills
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Balance workload in a fast-paced environment, while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage individual productivity with increasing efficiency
- Value collaboration and constructive feedback
- Must work and play nicely with others
- Partial medical coverage
- Paid vacation
- Flexible work environment
- Educational opportunities
- Supportive and collaborative team
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=filmmaker outreach community manager&jk=44020b7d7f3d6e3b&_ga=2.131512204.2010685276.1536620648-208883689.1536274381 →