Social Media Strategist
Job Description Summary
Facilitate brand delivery on social media channels through a decentralized social media strategy and approach across Transamerica distribution groups. Mitigate risks associated with social media advocacy and social media influencer programs. Work across business groups to create new operational functionalities, such as social selling and social recruiting.
- Scope and analyze existing decentralized social media practices within the Transamerica environment
- Identify compliance and business risk with Distribution groups (WFG, TAN, TFN) corporate, office, and agent-specific social media practices.
- Devise a unified, or complementary, social media strategy and practices across Transamerica, in collaboration with the Transamerica core social media team.
- Devise a Social Selling strategy to enable agents who can sell directly to customers to utilize the power of social media and monetize our presence and reducing compliance risk and exposure based on guidance from governing bodies for this regulated industry.
- Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling.
- Oversee the management and execution of a social media editorial calendar and strategy for the Transamerica brokerage channel.
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize information to positively affect future outcomes.
- Monitor, escalate, and resolve social media practices that are contrary to best practices and compliance requirements.
- Manage and improve upon existing social sales advocacy program.
- Ongoing training and innovation of social media practices for a decentralized environment
- Assist with crisis management related to damaging reviews and negative news communications.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage company reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase brand reach.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, economics, communications, or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Eight years of marketing experience including at least 5 years in social media.
- Thorough understanding of the social media landscape, including channels, best practices and audiences.
- Thorough understanding of social media publishing tools.
- Project management skills to schedule and manage multiple concurrent campaigns.
- Experience with Sprinkler, Hearsay, Hootsuite, Sproutsocial.
- Experience with B2B social media practices.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies:
- Communication and interpersonal skills for extensive interaction with stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to understand and simplify complex situations and systems.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Office environment.
- Occasional travel.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.transamerica.com/ShowJob/Id/1610780/Social-Media-Strategist/ →