The BUILD Initiative (buildinitiative.org) is a national effort that advances state work on behalf of young children (prenatal-five), their families, and communities. BUILD staff partner with early childhood state leaders focused on early learning, health, mental health and nutrition, child welfare, and family support and engagement to create the policies, infrastructure, and cross-sector connections necessary for quality and equity. BUILD provides consultation, planning, and tailored implementation assistance, learning opportunities, resources, and cross-state peer exchanges. These efforts help state leaders improve and expand access to quality and promote equitable outcomes for our youngest children.
The BUILD team is virtual; team members are located across the country. The person filling this position will work from a home office. Team members have opportunities to attend in-person meetings but work primarily via phone and computer.
BUILD is fiscally sponsored by TSNE, which provides financial and grants management, human resources, legal, and other supports (www.tsne.org).
The XChange Community Manager supports the day-to-day operations of the Prenatal-to-Three XChange online community through engaging with, and providing technical support to, community members, moderating content to ensure community guidelines are met, and monitoring and reporting on community metrics. The Community Manager works under the direct supervision of the XChange Director and plays a supporting role in developing and executing community strategy. role is part of BUILD’s leaders and private and public sector state and local teams.
- Drive conversation and engagement by executing strategies planned by the XChange Director;
- Post and manage content, as requested;
- Monitor discussion forums to ensure timely responses and moderate content to ensure adherence to community guidelines;
- Alert key stakeholders when there are posts related to their areas of expertise or relevant to a wider audience;
- Work with XChange Director and Group Owners/Managers to support vibrant, engaged public and private neighborhoods (groups);
- Maintain and monitor the XChange online community to ensure the community platform works properly and act fast to solve technical issues that arise;
- Ensure that all information displayed on the site is relevant and up to date;
- Monitor, track, and report on community metrics;
- Stay up to date with developments, changes, and trends in the online community landscape.
Customer Service & Technical Support
- Serve as primary contact for XChange-related customer service and technical support;
- Respond to requests in a timely manner;
- Assist with Prenatal-to-Three Help Desk and Warm Line by tracking requests, assisting with research (as requested), and coordinating communication with requesters;
- Support the XChange Director in maintaining up-to-date written procedures, reports, and other documentation.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with supervisor, colleagues, consultants, and other external stakeholders;
- Support the XChange Director in developing and executing strategic plans, engagement plans, and other team goals;
- Collaborate with Hub team in support of 50-state strategies which may include planning support for national webinars and curating content for newsletters;
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- BA/BS degree (communications, English, journalism, marketing a plus)
- 1-3 years of experience supporting or managing an online community platform or comparable experience (knowledge of Verint community platforms a plus)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to communicate across departments and stakeholders
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to manage both everyday tasks and long-term projects
- Ability to work independently with accountability
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Ability to travel to in-person meetings, as requested