Digital Community Manager
Global network for chief executives to engage, learn and grow
Are you someone who has a passion for all things related to digital communications, such as Marketing, Content Creation & Management, Social Media Management and other similar roles?
Would you consider yourself an ‘account manager type’, someone who’s able to create, build and maintain relationships?
Would working closely with CEO’s around the world be appealing and are you open to working on a contract, or contract-to-hire basis?
Yes!? Then YPO is looking for someone like you!
YPO is a global platform for chief executives to engage, learn and grow with over 26,000 members in more than 130 countries.
One of the ways our Members can benefit and make the most of their membership is by joining one of our many Networks. YPO Networks are interest-based, virtual communities that connect members and spouse/partners with shared passions.
We’re searching for someone to join our Networks team as a Community Manager!
The Community Managers will be part of a Networks team and will serve YPO members by engaging with them along their Networks journey. This position partners with those active in one or more Networks, assisting in building YPO communities of interest. The role is responsible for operational support of truly unique Network communities and requires a unique blend of personas, including community advocate, engager, community platform manager, communicator, and program manager.
• Act as a key ambassador to our Networks, engaging and activating participants and champions and encouraging conversations and connections throughout the Network and the YPO community.
• Constantly look for new ways to bring the community closer; create grass-roots movements, within and across Networks, encouraging participant-driven activation to shape the future of both the community and Network program and other activity offerings.
• Assist in shaping the community experience for Network participants in alignment with the needs of the community.
• Manage the day-to-day functionality of both the web and mobile Network platforms and related platforms, from development to troubleshooting to website approvals to communications.
• Act as the ‘”lead storyteller” of Networks communities by spearheading communications in partnership with Network Directors and MarCom (Marketing & Communications) leads.
• Work collaboratively with Networks team to support and champion Network related projects, programs and goals.
• Partner with primarily corporate services, forum, and the learning department as the champion and support, in the delivery of network events and activities.
• 3-5 years’ experience in 2 or more of the primary roles (community engager, platform manager, and program manager), preferably in a highly collaborative environment.
• Experience of building relationships, and working with customers and colleagues outside home country preferably in a virtual environment
• Membership or association experience preferred
• Business acumen, professionalism and emotional intelligence to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural, virtual work environment with high-profile corporate leaders.
• Superior time management and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously across multiple time-zones.
• Superior written, oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to synthesize and present information and cogently to a global audience and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to create written content appropriate for diverse mediums.
• Build trusting collaborative, supportive working relationships in an engaging environment.
• Capacity to think strategically while understanding and promoting process and execution.
• Enthusiastic support of new ideas coupled with the ability to see these ideas through.
• Strong listening skills, with the ability to take what is heard and incorporate the ideas into programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, business, marketing, organizational dynamics, project management, or equivalent experience required.
• Negotiation or dispute resolution training preferred.
• Coaching or mentoring certification preferred.
• HTML, CSS and graphic design experience helpful.
• Occasional need for travel
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org