Our mission at CMX is to help professional community builders thrive.
We a see a world that’s growing increasingly lonely despite being more connected than ever before in history. As a result, people are in desperate need of *real* community. This is driving how we interact with each other online and off and and how our society is evolving. This also affects how people interact with businesses and organizations. Today, people are looking for more than just products from businesses… they’re looking for a sense of shared identity and belonging. They want to contribute and be a part of something they care about.
This has led to more and more companies hiring community teams to grow, engage and activate their communities of customers, employees, partners and users. And it has led to the growth of what we call the community industry: a new profession that’s growing quickly, yet still largely undefined.
We started CMX to connect the people doing this work together (yep, a community of community builders), teach them how to thrive in their roles as professional community builders, and push the community industry forward.
We do this work with a healthy dose of humor and chill because we believe professional communities don’t have to be serious all the time. In fact, we think they’re a lot more fun if you can just act like a human.
Great, so what do we actually do?
To help professional community builders thrive in their work we focus on providing them with world-class community programs and education.
The CMX Values
We take our values seriously, and it drives every decision we make. We also believe these are great values for running a community, so feel free to steal them. They are:
1. Community First – We prioritize the needs of our members and commit to diversity, accessibility and inclusion.
2. Dream Big – We aim to have a global impact, to be our best selves and do exceptional work.
3. Defend your Health – We set clear boundaries and standards, and we never sacrifice your health.
4. Practice Radical Candor – We give honest feedback early and often, and trust that we all have each other’s best interests in mind.
5. Empower Others – We give others the opportunity to contribute and lead.