The CMX Community is made up of the most incredible professional community builders. We are a family of smart, empathetic, social humans, who build relationships and forge connections every single day. We bring passionate people together and build safe spaces for them to be their most passionate. Our members are what make CMX what it is.
For those of you who have not had the pleasure to meet Blake Ethridge, let me introduce him. By day, Blake is the Community Manager at DZone. Blake is a longtime CMX’er, a “super-member,” if you will. He launched the Research Triangle Park CMX Connect Chapter, and through the global pandemic in 2020, he continued to bring the CMX Community incredible virtual events. Blake doesn’t just answer member questions, he spends time sharing his experience, giving his advice, linking to helpful resources, and making sure they understand their next steps.
I could go on about the innumerable ways Blake adds value to the CMX Community, but the purpose of this post is to highlight one very special way Blake brings the magic: his homemade memes.
Here are Blake’s 10 Best Memes:
1. That “joining CMX “feeling
2. Have you attended a CMX Connect event lately?
3. Who doesn’t vibe over the Masters of Community Podcast?
4. I know y’all love these CMX classics
5. We celebrate May 4th our own way…
6. Real footage of everyone finishing The Business of Belonging
7. David being supportive through the great CMX Community Spring Clean of 2021
8. Tom Norman, the AMA GOAT – check out who he’s interviewing next!
9. OMG, Blake I get it, you want CMX Socks! I’m working on it!!
10. In honour of Ann-Marie and her “if you can dream it, you can do it” attitude at our HQ events.
CMX’ers are your people! Your squad who understand on an experiential and personal level what you do day in and day out. These are the people who don’t need to have explained what “community building” is or that, yes, you do important work.
It’s time to be a part of it!
Thanks, Blake ❤️