The time is finally here! We are excited to announce that CMX Summit 2022: Thrive will take place September 14-15 in Redwood City, California!
This year’s summit will be packed with talks from community experts, networking opportunities, and more—all designed to help you deepen your understanding of community management and how to put those skills into action.
The lineup is stellar: Priya Parker (Acclaimed author of The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why it Matters), Stephanie Grice (Head of Global Community at Atlassian), and David Siegel (CEO of Meetup) are some of the fantastic speakers from our summit that you will hear from. They’ll share their knowledge with us, and we’ll learn from them as they share insights into their own strategies for success.
But wait—it doesn’t stop there! This year’s summit is going to be global! For the first time ever, CMX Summit 2022: Thrive is happening in person in Redwood, California, and virtually. If you want to join us in person, be sure to get your tickets now before they sell out. And if you can’t make it out to California, don’t worry. We’ve got a virtual experience ready for you too!
We know you’ve got many questions about this year’s summit, and we want to ensure you have all the answers. Read on to see the answers to the frequently asked questions from our community.
What Is CMX Summit?
CMX Summit is the world’s largest annual conference that gathers community professionals, community-driven companies, and those interested in community building. Since 2014, our summit has drawn hundreds of attendees from around the world and offers them an opportunity to hear from leading experts in the field, network with other community professionals from around the globe, and learn about cutting-edge topics in community management.
If you want to learn more about what happens at CMX Summit, we recommend checking out our videos from the previous CMX Summit 2021: Rise.
What Is the Theme of This Year’s Summit?
Our theme this year is Thrive. Last year we recognized the rise of the community industry, the community professional, and the importance of community in business. This year, we are continuing that path. Rise and Thrive CMX’ers, with these three topic tracks:
- The Power of Community-Led: Empower your community members to build with you, so your organization’s growth and engagement will scale exponentially. Come see how organizations enable their most passionate members to help build their communities.
- Building Sustainable Communities: Community is the future of business, and it’s time to build communities that will continue to thrive well into that future. Learn how to build a lasting community that will be healthy and thriving for the long haul.
- The New Frontier of Community: New communities are forming using blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and NFTs. Community management is unique in this fast-evolving space. Learn how your community can thrive in Web 3.0!
When Is CMX Summit 2022: Thrive?
The CMX Summit 2022: Thrive will be held from Wednesday, September 14th through Thursday, September 15th. The Pre-Summit Workshop Day will take place on Tuesday, September 13th.
Will CMX Summit 2022: Thrive Take Place In-Person or Virtually?
We are thrilled to announce that this year’s summit will be a hybrid event! That means you have the option to attend in person in Redwood City, California, or you can join us from anywhere in the world, as the event will also be hosted on the Bevy virtual conference platform.
How Much Does It Cost to Attend CMX Summit 2022: Thrive?
This year’s CMX Summit is a hybrid event, so we are offering three types of tickets:
- Full Access 2-day Hybrid Ticket ($599): Access to both conference days of CMX Summit 2022: Thrive (Sept 14-15), as well as access to fireside chats and access to all virtual talks. This ticket does not give you access to the Pre-Summit Workshop.
- Workshop Ticket ($199): In-person access to our Pre-Summit Workshop Day (Sept 13). You must have this ticket to attend the in-person Pre-Summit Workshop Day.
- Virtual Ticket (Free): Access to stream CMX Summit sessions and presentations. This ticket does not give you access to Pre-Summit Workshop.
You can purchase all tickets here.
Do You Offer Discounts?
We have a range of ticket options with a discount, so you can get the one that works best for you:
- If you purchase ten or more tickets for your team, you are eligible for a 50% discount on our 2-day hybrid ticket. These tickets include in-person and virtual access to both conference days (Sept 14-15). To claim this discount, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a part of an education or nonprofit organization, you are eligible for a 20% discount on our 2-day hybrid ticket. These tickets include in-person and virtual access to both conference days (Sept 14-15). To claim this discount, please send an email to email@example.com
What Does the Full Access 2-Day Hybrid Ticket Include?
The 2-day Hybrid Ticket gives you in-person access to attend CMX Summit 2022: Thrive conference days that will be held from September 14th to September 15th in Redwood City, California. In addition to being able to attend all of the in-person sessions at CMX Summit 2022: Thrive, this ticket also gives you access to all of the virtual sessions that will take place during the conference.
Besides getting access to every talk happening onsite and virtually at CMX Summit 2022: Thrive, this ticket also gives you a chance to meet like-minded people and learn from some of the brightest minds in your field. You’ll also have opportunities to network with other attendees and receive cool swag!
Please note that this ticket does not include access to the Pre-Summit Workshop Day. If you wish to attend our in-person workshop, you will need to purchase a workshop ticket separately.
How Can I Attend the Workshop?
The Pre-Summit Workshop will be held on September 13, and attendance is only possible in person. To attend, you must purchase a ticket to the workshop separately.
For more information about the workshop, keep an eye on our website! We will be announcing more details about the workshop on August 15th.
What Hotels Can You Recommend That Are Near the Venue?
If you’re planning to attend the CMX Summit: Thrive in person, we know that you’ll want to stay near the Fox Theatre – and we’ve got plenty of options!
Here is the list of the hotels within a 17-minute drive from the venue where our attendees can stay during our summit:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport is located within a 15-minute drive from our venue.
- Grand Bay San Francisco is located within an 8-minute drive from our venue.
- Aloft San Francisco Airport hotel is located within a 17-minute drive from our venue.
- The Westin San Francisco Airport hotel is located within a 16-minute drive from our venue.
What Can I Expect at CMX Summit 2022: Thrive?
The CMX Summit is the largest conference focused on community management. We will bring together community experts to discuss the latest trends and innovations in the community industry. You’ll be able to network with other attendees from across the country and beyond, learn from industry leaders, and find out what the future holds for your community.
Don’t miss the agenda preview for our summit—we’ll be posting it soon on our blog!
I’d Like to Sponsor the CMX Summit 2022: Thrive, How Can I Do That?
As the world’s largest conference of its kind, we are excited to offer even more vendors the opportunity to reach more people than ever — and as always, we will ensure these sponsors are the companies that care directly about your success and how they can help. So if you’re interested in sponsoring Summit 2022: Thrive, please fill out this form, and we will reach out to you shortly with more details.
Does CMX Summit Have a Code of Conduct or Other Policy for Attendee Behavior?
Yes, we have adopted a code of conduct to further encourage inclusiveness for attending community professionals of all stripes. We expect all attendees, staff, sponsors, and anyone else at CMX Global Connect to abide by the code of conduct and enforce it as needed. This policy also applies to the virtual event, and we will have chat box moderators reviewing chat box activity.
Is CMX Summit Thrive Going to Be Recorded? Can I Record Something?
Yes, it will be recorded. The videos from the conference will be made available within four weeks of the CMX Summit. We ask that you not record video content of any CMX Summit sessions.
I’d Love to Learn More About CMX, How Can I Do That?
We’re so glad that you’re interested in learning more about CMX!
Here are three ways to get involved in the community: