Bevy and CMX events are an amazing opportunity for community professionals of all stripes and those interested in community to come together, learn, network, and share. Our events have the goal of expanding professional growth opportunities of all kinds for our attendees.
This Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Bevy Labs Inc. and the terms are non-negotiable. Your registration for, or attendance at, any Bevy or CMX event indicates your agreement to abide by this policy and its terms.
We believe an explicit code of conduct is a great way to help us stay aligned with this goal and with our core values:
We believe in the power of community and prioritize the needs of our community members and teammates.
Protect your principles, defend your position, stand by our customers and our team.
Communicate Like a Legend
Communicate honestly and thoughtfully so everyone is on the same page.
Build a Legacy
Build something with lasting impact.
Dream big, work hard, learn from your mistakes, adopt a growth mindset, never give up.
We value the participation of each member of our community and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout any Bevy or CMX event.
To make clear what is expected, all attendees, speakers, exhibitors, organizers and volunteers are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
- Bevy and CMX are dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual and other exclusionary language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. As we serve a tech-savvy audience, communication includes social media postings by attendees concerning CMX events.
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for any CMX event.
- Attendees, sponsors, speakers, and staff violating these rules may be asked to leave the conference at the sole discretion of the conference organizers.
*Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Sponsors, exhibits, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Staff, including volunteers, should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
- Be careful in the words that you choose. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you. Excessive swearing and offensive language are not appropriate for any CMX event.
- If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund (if a paid event).
Thank you for helping make these welcoming, friendly events for all.
If you are being harassed at a Bevy or CMX event, or notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact CMX via Email.
Bevy and CMX will do everything we can participants experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.