Over 2500 community professionals gathered virtually for CMX Summit: Rise 2021.
This year’s event was not only a celebration of the progress we have made in the community industry, but also a testament to the tenacity of all the community leaders that have remained vigilant through pandemics, socially distant events, and a number of other unforeseen circumstances.
We are excited to share that all workshops, sessions, and fireside chats from CMX Summit 2021: Rise were recorded, and we are publishing them as we have them ready!
That’s right, get ready for HOURS of knowledge and insights from leading professionals sharing their tips, tricks, advice, and community building experience.
Find a comfy chair, get a few snacks, and a notebook and pen. Get ready to (re)watch the largest conference for community professionals in the world.
Please note, we are publishing recordings as we have them ready! If a title does not have a hyperlink, it means it has not been published yet. We will be updating this blog post as new recordings are published.
All recordings will be published on September 29, 2021.
The Community C-Suite
- 3rd Party Data is Dead. (Here’s What to Do About It) | Angela Benton, Bolaji Oyejide
- A Seat at the Table: Why You Need a Go-to-Community Strategy |Patrick Woods
- Community is a Brand We All Are Responsible For | Marius Ciortea
- Pishgar’s Playbook – A Primer for Community Executives | Joe Pishgar
- Defining Your Community Promise: Aligning Members & Business | Max Rothery
- Myth Busting and Practical Tips to Community Success | Mary O’Carroll
- Community Owned, No Meetings, No Deadlines, No Full Time Employees | Sahil Lavingia, David Spinks
Virtual + Hybrid Events
- Bringing Engagement Back with Unconferences [Workshop] | Jessica Falkenthal
- The Shift to Community-Led Events | Mai Medhat, Nihal Fares, JR Sims
- Community First Programming | Katie Ray
- Amplifying Awareness Through Yoga | LT Terris
- Influitive Live Session: Platform Demo | Gillian Farquhar
- Community Engagement and Higher Education | Lisa Koontz
- The French Community Connection: A Conversation with Hivebrite CEO Jean Hamon
- Increase Community Engagement by Developing Top Contributors Programs | Monica Lluis
- The Guitar on the Wall: The Real Feels of Building Community Through Screens|Heather Newman,Karuana Gatimu,Jenn Jinhong
- Leveraging Community at Gong: Building Lasting Customer Relationships| Remco de Vries, Nisha Baxi
- Practical, Tactical Methods to Bring Customers Back to your Community | Beth Arritt
- Showing the Value of Community Operations| Tiffany Oda
- Integrating Community in Your Organization’s DNA | Aslan Noghre Kar
- Community Operations: The Balance Between Systems, Data and People | Kait Masters
- Getting Executive Buy-In | Holly Firestone, Jeff Hudson, Beth McIntyre
- Lessons Learned From Growing International Communities | Erika Batista
- Learn How to Raise Backyard Chickens | Fiona Cameron
- Finding Balance in a World of Burnout | Justin DiRose
- Hidden Figures: Why You Should be Building Your Personal Brand | Aly Merritt
- (Gut) Check Yourself, Before You Wreck Yourself | Celina Zamora
- Better Living Through KPIs: How to Manage Your Community Team | Lauren Clevenger
- Closing the Distance: Managing and Performing in a Distributed Team [Workshop] | Hawk
- How to Successfully Manage Workplace Stress | Crux Conception
Ambassadors/Super Users/Chapter Programs
- What’s the Story? [Workshop] | Howard Gray
- Help Them Help You: Tips and Tricks to Leveling Up Your Organizers [Workshop] | Rachel York
- Embracing, Encouraging and Engaging Your Diverse Community Audience | Craig Cmehil
- Time to Rethink Your Advocate Programs? Autodesk is Reimagining Community Advocacy | Rachel Hartley
Return of Community
- Community: More Than a Commodity | Jae Washington
- Make a Difference by Measuring More and Reporting Less | Jon Wishart
- The Power of Community Everywhere | Kris Lande, Derek Andersen
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- 101 Ways to Build Belonging| Ramel Wallace
- Community Alphabet Starts with DEI&B | Shana Sumers
- Ways Yelp’s Keeping Diversity and Inclusion Top of Mind | Ryan Cox
- Be the Interruption: Your Role in Dismantling Systemic Racism | Seanelle Hawkins
Community Driven Marketing
- Tying Community to the Center of Go To Market in 1 Play: The Relationship Flywheel |Pablo Gonzalez
- Influitive Fireside Chat with Gillian Farquhar at Qlik
- Scale Your Community with a Growth Marketing Mindset | Scott K. Wilder
- A Research Study: Customer Perceptions of the Community Experience | Mike Ellis
- Community as the New Competitive Advantage | Chris Walker, Bolji Oyejide
- Fireside Chat with Seth Godin | David Spinks
- Next generation Customer Autonomy: Creating a Richer Customer Experience | Kenneth Refsgaard
- Mining for Gold In Communities | Greg Isenberg
- Women in Gaming: Inspiring the Next Generation | Katrina Strafford, Maria Sayans, Tabitha Hayes
- Future Forward: Gaming Community Trends Panel | Mattie Fairchild, Victoria Tran, Andy Swanson
- Safety at Scale
- Developer Relations KPIs [Workshop] | Tessa Mero
- Strange New Worlds: Journeys Into the Infinite Space of Developer Communities | Grace Francisco
- Building Internal Technical Communities | Mark Birch
You can also watch all the recordings from CMX Summit Rise one after the other. Go ahead, have a CMX Summit watching spree!
And reserve your spot at CMX Summit 2022 now!